POUNCE is our registration process for all newly admitted freshmen. Using preferences you indicate on your POUNCE form, an advisor will register you for classes based on those preferences, your chosen major and available courses.
Note: POUNCE is for newly admitted freshmen only
In order to participate in POUNCE, your $200 non-refundable admissions confirmation deposit must be paid. Confirmation deposit information was included in your acceptance package. Please allow up to two business days for the credit of your confirmation deposit to be processed.
- Use your web browser to go to Unify and login.
- Click on PAWS.
- In PAWS, choose the "Menu for New and Returning Students" tab.
- Choose the POUNCE Registration link.
- Follow the directions provided to complete the form.
- Before finalizing your preferences, review them carefully as you may POUNCE only once.
- Submit form.
For questions about the POUNCE Course Preference Form, contact The Center for Student Success at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 445-2361.
*A special note about Math Placement: For assistance with determining which math course to choose, visit the Math Placement website at: http://gcsu.edu/artsandsciences/math/placement.
*A special note about Foreign Language Placement: Depending on your major, you may be registered for an initial language course based on the results of your WebCAPE Test for Foreign Language Placement. If your major requires an initial fall semester foreign language course and you have not yet completed the foreign language placement test, please follow the instructions below.
- Login to Unify then go to PAWS using the instructions above
- Choose the "Student Services" tab
- Click on "Registration"
- Click on "WebCAPE Test for Foreign Language Placement"
- Choose your desired language
- Click on "Take Placement Exam"
How to View Your Schedule
Once you have submitted the POUNCE Course Preference Form, an advisor in your major department will create your schedule. Approximately 10-15 business days after you submit your POUNCE Course Preference Form, you will receive an e-mail at your Georgia College Bobcats e-mail account to let you know that your schedule is complete. At that time, you will be able to view your schedule on line.
- Login to Unify then PAWS using the instructions above.
- Select the "Student Services" tab.
- Choose "Registration" from this list.
- Click on "GCSU Printable Schedule" to view your schedule.
Note: Locations are subject to change. Remember to re-print your schedule at the beginning of the semester
Frequently Asked Questions
Log in to Unify, the click on PAWS. Choose the "Menu for New and Returning Students" tab then select "POUNCE Schedule Change Request Form". Your request will be forwarded to an advisor who will review your schedule and make any necessary adjustments. You will be notified via your Georgia College Bobcats e-mail account within 10 business days of any adjustments.