Georgia College School of Nursing offers a number of options for Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) prepared nurses who are seeking to further their career. Our programs are offered in a fully online format with minimal face to face on campus requirements during the program.
Post Master’s Certificate for MSN prepared nurses seeking certification as a Family Nurse Practitioner, Nurse Educator or a Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
For students who already hold a MSN, DNP, or Ph.D. in Nursing degree but are not board certified APRNs and are missing the “3 Ps” (Physical assessment, pathophysiology, pharmacology), the course requirements can take up to two years to complete for a total of 31 credit hours.
For students who hold an APRN license and are board certified in a specialty area, an individualized program of study will be developed by the program coordinator in the School of Nursing after determining equivalency of courses. Students should submit all course syllabi for review. A possible plan of study ranges from 11 to 21 credit hours. PLEASE NOTE: 11 credit hours is the minimum number required by GC to obtain the post-master certificate.
Documents and Forms
- Learning Resources (.docx)
- Online Course Exam Proctor Policies and Procedures (.pdf)
- Statement of Recommendation Form (.doc)
New Student Documents
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners Certification Program (AANPCERT)
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
- American Nurses Association
- American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
- Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Georgia Board of Nursing
- Georgia Nurses Association
- National League for Nursing
- Sigma Theta Tau International
School of Nursing
235 Parks Memorial Building | Campus Box 63
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone: (478) 445-1076
Fax: (478) 445-1121