Georgia College’s employment policy currently considers all candidates for employment, including international residents. The Office of Legal Affairs serves as the university’s liaison with federal agencies regarding employment-related immigration matters. It is our commitment to the university administrators, faculty, and staff to provide a more centralized immigration and visa-sponsorship service.
Our primary immigration activities center around:
- Service and support of GC sponsored non-immigrant visas (primarily H-1B) for full-time faculty and professional staff;
- Service and support of GC sponsored permanent residency;
- Research in support of HR for employment eligibility issues;
- Coordination with the Budget Office in regard to residency status analysis for tax purposes; and
- Evaluation and support of non-immigrant employee issues in coordination with Human Resources, Academic Affairs, and Budget Office.
The documents listed below are resources that will provide more information on immigration matters. For more detailed information please visit webcl.gcsu.edu/visasandresidencies.htm or contact the Office of Legal Affairs for assistance.