If you are at immediate risk of harming yourself or someone else take one of the following steps for safety:
Go to or call GCSU Counseling Services at 478-445-5331. Tell us you are in an emergency, and we will assist you immediately for a safety assessment. Please note that GCSU Counseling Services hours are Monday-Friday 8AM-5PM; outside of these hours you should pursue one of the options below.
- Call GC Public Safety at 478-445-4400 or 911 for assistance getting to a hospital.
- Call or text the Georgia Crisis and Access Line (GCAL) at 988 or 1 800 715-4225 to speak to a crisis counselor 24 hours per day.
- Go to the Emergency Room of any hospital. The hospital in Milledgeville, Georgia is Atrium Navicent Health Baldwin at 821 North Cobb Street, Milledgeville, GA; 478-776-4016.
- Go to a facility that has a mental health unit to provide a safe environment and receive mental health care. Here are two local options:
- River Edge Crisis Service Center at 60 Blandy Way, Milledgeville, GA; 478-451-2797
- Piedmont Hospital at 340 Hospital Drive, Macon, GA; 478-741-1355
Please Do not rely on solely on email to communicate during an emergency.
Additional Resources for Support During an Emergency:
Bright House 24 Hour Sexual Assault Crisis Line 770 477 2177 – support for mental health, medical examination and advocacy services related to sexual assault.
Trevor Project Hotline, Call 866 488 7386 or Text to 678-678 – crisis support for the LGBTQ+ community.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline - 988
GCSU 24/7 Emotional Support Line 833-855-0085 to talk to a counselor (even if it’s not an emergency)