Continuing and Professional Education at Georgia College & State University and Road Scholar have been partners for more than 20 years, offering in-depth and behind-the-scenes educational adventures and learning opportunities for seniors.
LEARNING IN RETIREMENT
You are never too old to learn! Georgia College’s Learning in Retirement is dedicated to meeting the intellectual, educational, physical and social needs of retirement-aged individuals, so join us. Learning in Retirement members run the organization by choosing board members and officers. All programs are based on the interests and needs of the members. It is your organization.
Take part in our interesting and enjoyable programs which include:
- Lunch and learns with guest speakers, educational leaders, politicians and community leaders;
- Group trips and adventures to interesting sites such as the Monastery of the Holy Spirit, Andalusia Walking Trail, Jarrell Plantation and many other day trips;
- Special interest groups such as the Book Club and Writers’ Group;
- Regular classroom lectures and discussions;
- Scheduled tours of the Old Governor’s Mansion, Andalusia, Georgia Botanical Gardens and more;
- Discounts to many continuing education courses and other programs on the Georgia College campus;
- Group trips to many cultural and art events at Georgia College, GMC and the Fox Theatre in Atlanta;
- Invitations to symposia and lectures on campus and in the community;
- Campus tours to locations such as the Wellness and Recreation Center, the Library and Information Center, the Black Box Theatre, the Planetarium, the Natural History Museum and more.
- And the list of activities goes on!
There are no specific age or previous educational requirements. Membership is open to all retired individuals, or if not retired, to those who are interested in pursuing learning opportunities in a variety of settings without regard to previous levels of formal education. Annual membership dues are only $35 per person, or $20 after February 1.