Georgia College Resources
If you couldn’t make it to one of our face-to-face sessions on moving your classes to GeorgiaVIEW, the CTL has uploaded the video of that session in GeorgiaVIEW on Monday, March 16th under the course Center for Teaching and Learning Faculty Resources => Teaching & Learning Technologies - GeorgiaVIEW, WebEx, Kaltura => GeorgiaVIEW => Working with GeorgiaVIEW Tools.
General Online Teaching Resources:
Here’s an overview of GeorgiaVIEW, if you’re unfamiliar with the platform. The following link provides several quick videos on how to perform tasks within GeorgiaVIEW/D2L: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLSxTdOzKAFOCZjXav1aCRQ/feed
See any of our online resources, visit the resources/tutorials provided on the Intranet, or visit the Center for Teaching and Learning Faculty Resources course in GeorgiaVIEW.
If you’re interested in making videos for your classes or using synchronous video software, we’ve got you covered:
- Learn more about Kaltura to make videos for your classes: https://knowledge.kaltura.com/help/kaltura-capture---recording-options
- Getting Started with Attendees
- Google Feature
- Help Center
- WebEx Setup
Need Tech Support?
For GeorgiaVIEW/D2L technical support:
· Center for Teaching and Learning (email@example.com) Hours: 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., Monday – Friday (Location: Library 3rd Floor, Room 375).
· Password Issues: SERVE Email or 478-445-7378.
· GeorgiaVIEW Knowledge Center (https://d2lhelp.view.usg.edu/s/) provides 24/7/365 assistance through Knowledge Base or Help Center Agent (1-855-772-0423).
The following three GeorgiaVIEW resources are available to students.
Resource 1: This can be sent to students in your class.
“How to Login to GeorgiaVIEW and Find a Course”
The following instructions can be sent by the faculty to students who may not know how to find GeorgiaVIEW or courses within GeorgiaVIEW.
Step 1: Access http://unify.gcsu.edu
· Log into Unify using your GC email and Unify password.
· If you don’t have a Unify password
o Click on the “Forgot My Password” link on left side of the Unify page, or, click the MyPassword tab in the upper right corner of the page.
o Click the “Set Initial Password” button on the left side of the screen
o Complete the form and submit your password request. If you have any problems creating /changing the Unify password, please contact SERVE at firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-445-7378
o Note: If you have not completed your security questions for your account, and your password has been accepted, Click “enroll" and complete the security questions section.
Step 2: Access GeorgiaVIEW
· After logging in to Unify, click on the GeorgiaVIEW button in the center of the page.
· If you have logged in to Unify but cannot access GeorgiaVIEW, contact The Center for Teaching and Learning at email@example.com or call 478-445-2520
Step 3: Access Courses in GeorgiaVIEW
· On the GeorgiaVIEW home page, locate the My Courses box on bottom left of the screen. Find the appropriate course and click either the picture or course name.
· If your course is not listed in the My Courses box, move to the upper right corner of the screen and click the 3 X 3 square (waffle). The waffle is located in the same line of links where you name is displayed.
· Accessing the waffle provides a list of all of the courses to which you have access. Find the course in the list and click the title.
Resources 2 & 3:
On the GeorgiaVIEW homepage, on the right side of the screen, there is a box with four blue buttons. The bottom two buttons are for student access.
· The button titled “Student Resources” will take students to a text only list of Georgia College academic resources including links to GeorgiaVIEW Video Tutorials.
· The button titled “Student Tutorials” will take students to GeorgiaVIEW video tutorials on a YouTube channel developed by D2L for learners.
Students needing assistance with library resources are encouraged to utilize the Ask-A-Librarian link in the righthand menu of every D2L course.
Online Faculty Development
If you have any questions or concerns, you can always contact the Center for Teaching and Learning: firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at: (478)-445-2520. Once again, the CTL staff are available to aid your efforts:
- Jim Berger, CTL Director (email@example.com)
- Alison Shepherd, Systems Analyst (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Jaclyn Queen, Instructional Designer (email@example.com)
- Simeco Vinson, Instructional Designer Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Dana Gorzelany-Mostak, Faculty Success Coordinator (email@example.com)