Teach Future Generations to Change the World
The John H. Lounsbury College of Education at Georgia College offers several award-winning undergraduate and graduate degrees. Instructional and school leaders gain valuable opportunities and benefit from the meaningful partnerships the university maintains with schools, districts, and other institutions and agencies. The COE is accredited by the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP), the Georgia Professional Standards Commission (PSC) and the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
COE Mission Statement: The John H. Lounsbury College of Education innovatively and collaboratively develops and empowers educational professionals, P-12 communities, and the Georgia College community to promote diversity, equity, advocacy, and excellence in learning, teaching, service, and scholarship. (rev:0115)
*Early Childhood and Middle Grades MEd: https://vimeo.com/473054080/72d02fd87c
News & Information
The John H. Lounsbury College of Education celebrated Georgia College's 25th Anniversary of our Liberal Arts Mission. The title of the event was: The Value of Liberal Arts in Preparing Teachers and Leaders as Architects of Change. We are very thankful for our fabulous presenters, Dr. Linda Bradley, Dr. Olha Osobov, Dr. Miriam Jordan, and Dr. Paulette Cross, and facilitator, Dr. Cheryl Reynolds! You may access the video recording at the following link: https://youtu.be/2c5ABV8Tzj4
The "Vision 2020" middle grades cohort attended a virtual awards ceremony and shows off their future positions! Congratulations cohort members!
Georgia College's Call Me MiSTER program receives a $10,000 check from Georgia Power to support the CMM program.
Georgia College earns highest rating on new GaPSC educator preparation program that measures effectiveness (see the link)
Congratulations to Samantha Fuhrey, Georgia’s 2020 Superintendent of the Year and National Superintendent of the Year Finalist! (link)
Joy Antone was named the APS Assistant Principal of the Year at the APyeS Awards in Atlanta. Joy is a product of our Middle Grades (B.S.), and Ed. Leadership (M.Ed. & Ed.S) programs!
Congratulations to Emmie Meadows, the Bleckley County High School Teacher of the Year. View article
Congratulations to Dr. Nancy Bell for the Eatonton Kiwanis Club Kiwanian of the Year Award!
- Graduate Programs in Education
- Online Master of Arts in Teaching (M.A.T.) in Special Education: #19
- 2020 Most Affordable Online Master's Teaching Degrees: #10
- 2020 Most Affordable Online Master's Educational Leadership Degrees: #12
- 2020 Most Affordable Online Master's Education Degrees: #24
- GCSU's COE named as one the nation’s top teacher prep programs in the book, Start Here to Become a Teacher
Georgia College graduates win Teacher of the Year in five local counties
Explore Our Programs
- Curriculum and Instruction Ed.D.
- Curriculum and Instruction M.Ed.
- Early Childhood Education M.Ed.
- Education Specialist in Teacher Leadership
- Educational Leadership Ed.S. (Tier II)
- Educational Leadership M.Ed. (Tier I)
- Instructional Technology M.Ed.
- Library Media M.Ed.
- Middle Grades Education M.Ed
- Middle Grades Education M.A.T.
- Secondary Education M.A.T.
- Special Education Ed.S.
- Special Education M.A.T.
- Special Education M.Ed.
Minor, Certificate & Other Programs
- Computer Science for Teachers Graduate Certificate
- English for Speakers of Other Languages Endorsement
- Instructional Technology Certification
- Library Media Add-On Certification
- Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports Certificate
- Education and Equity Certificate
- Online Teaching Endorsement
- Dyslexia Endorsement
- Education and Equity Certification