Everyone can use a little help every now and then, especially paying for a college education. More than 80% of Georgia College's undergraduate students receive financial aid in the form of grants, scholarships, employment opportunities, and student loans. Come to the Financial Aid Office and let’s discuss your educational goals and how we can help you find the financial resources to reach them.
As part of Georgia College’s response to the coronavirus, we are now providing services exclusively by phone or electronic communication. We are still here to assist you as needed and are available in the following ways:
- Staff members are available by phone at 478-445-5149, Monday through Friday, 8:00 AM- 12 noon and 1-5:00 PM. Staff members will also forward their individual office phone numbers to their current location.
- We will accept fax documents and requests at 478-445-0729.
- Staff members will check the firstname.lastname@example.org email account throughout each work day, and we will respond to your request as soon as possible. Please be sure to include your GCID number or your full name so we can identify your records easily. Please also email from your bobcats email address whenever possible.
- Staff members will also be checking their individual email accounts throughout the day, and they will respond to your requests as soon as possible.
- We have tried to make most of our information available on our website. Please use this site for information regarding financial aid and our processes.
- All communication from our office will be electronic until further notice.
We appreciate your flexibility and understanding during this time. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us if we can help you navigate through this unprecedented situation, and be well.
A revised Summer Semester 2020 Nelnet Payment Plan is now available. Please visit mycollegepaymentplan.com/gcsu for the most recent updates and details.
Enrollment for Summer Semester 2020 and Fall Semester 2020 begins March 9, 2020!
Interested in Summer Semester 2020 Financial Aid? Check out the link below for summer aid eligibility requirements and information:
Summer Financial Aid Eligibility Requirements & Information
Check out our Winter 2020 Newsletter!
The FAFSA for 2020-2021 is now available! Complete yours today at fafsa.ed.gov!
In collaboration with Swipe Out Hunger, Georgia College students in need of meal assistance can apply to receive swipes at The Max. Details are provided in the link to application below:
Swipe Out Hunger Application
Visit Know More. Borrow Less. to learn more about the USG Chancellor's initiative to reduce student loan debt.
The 2019-2020 Loan Interest Rates for Federal Direct Loans became effective on July 1, 2019. Please see the link below for general information concerning loans along with current and previous interest rates:
General Loan Information and Interest Rates
FAFSA: Apply for Financial Aid
The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) is the federal application that will allow GC's Financial Aid Office to review you for any federal grants, loans, work-study programs, and even state scholarships such as the HOPE/Zell Miller.
The GSFAPPS is the alternative application for students to apply for the HOPE and/or Zell Miller scholarships only. It is completed via Georgia Student Finance Commission's website. You must create an account on this website to be able to access the application.