Georgia College is pleased to announce that we will host graduation experiences for the Classes of 2020 and 2021 at the Centennial Center.
This location is based on guidance from the Governor's COVID-19 Task Force, the Georgia Department of Public Health, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. By limiting the amount of guests inside Centennial Center, proper physical distancing will be able to be maintained.
Registration is now open to all graduation candidates.
Commencement Ceremony Information
To accommodate physical distancing and other public health guidelines, modifications to the traditional ceremony are necessary. These include, but are not limited to:
- No student processional. Candidates may invite up to four guests, who will sit with the candidate during the ceremony.
- During the ceremony, candidate degrees will be conferred. The candidates will also have an opportunity to walk across the stage and be congratulated by the President as their name is read. There will be no contact at any point or any handshakes on stage.
- Temperature checks will be required and face coverings must be worn at all times. This includes during photographs. Graduates are encouraged to take photographs on Front Campus after their ceremony. See a map of our favorite photo spots on campus.
Preparing for your ceremony
Each student participating in the ceremony must reserve a time online.
- Before departing from home, candidates and guests should each review the detailed information for their scheduled ceremony, available on the Registrar’s Office page.
- Graduation candidates and their guests should arrive together at Georgia College's Centennial Center fifteen minutes before the session start time. Candidates must bring their reservation page with them.
- Parking and Transportation staff will direct drivers to a specific parking area. Please follow their directions and remain in your vehicle.
- Staff members will come to each car and check the group in. Candidates and guests will remain in their vehicle until directed to enter the Centennial Center as a group. Entry will be paced to allow social distancing.
- Groups will enter Centennial Center at the southeast entrance of the building and will exit on the southwest corner after the candidate has crossed the stage. Upon exiting, guests should return to their vehicle and depart the Centennial Center parking lot immediately.
Georgia College is holding a series of ceremonies on the weekend of April 24th for the Class of 2020 and the weekends of May 8th and 15th for the Class of 2021.
For more information about graduation and commencement, please see the Graduation and Commencement page on the Office of the Registrar
Graduation is held at the Centennial Center which is located at 251. S. Clarke St.
Meet the Graduates
These Georgia College students have overcome numerous obstacles to receive their undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral degrees during the spring ceremonies. With majors that range from business to art to nursing, these students have developed skills to navigate life by challenging themselves to think independently and lead creatively throughout their studies. They now leave Georgia College primed to make their mark on their communities and beyond.
Learn about our outstanding graduatesSee more
Soccer captain, chemistry major makes her mark
Sophia Bonser grew up exposed to the medical field through her mom who is an OBGYN. She always had an interest in healthcare. Initially, she wanted to be a nurse, then a physical therapist. But everything changed when she took her first chemistry class at Georgia College.