Mission: The Office of Grants and Sponsored Projects (OGSP) provides support to the Georgia College community engaged in the preparation, submission, and the management of sponsored projects. Sponsored projects are externally-funded research, instruction, training, testing, service, or other scholarly activities in which a formal written agreement, i.e., a grant, cooperative agreement, or contract is entered into between Georgia College and the sponsor with the intent to either carry out a public purpose or provide a direct benefit to the sponsor.
About the office: OGSP is your single point of contact for all sponsored activity– from application through closeout. As steward of the university’s externally funded research portfolio, OGSP is responsible for ensuring that all research proposals and projects adhere to GC’s academic and research policies and meet its obligations to external sponsors. Our vision is to make seeking grants as stress-free as possible.
OGSP provides the following basic services:
- Identify funding opportunities
- Review and approve proposals before submission to external sponsors
- Develop or review and approve proposal budgets
- Negotiate agreements with external sponsors and subrecipient organizations
- Accept and manage awards for all sponsored projects which includes post award administration such as re-budgeting, no-cost extensions, award transfers, etc.
- Monitor institutional adherence to certain sponsor compliance requirements (FAFATA reports, Conflict of Interest, Responsible Conduct in Research, Payroll Certification)
- Award close-out (Non-financial)
Who do I call? Please view the "Our Staff" tab for assistance with pre and post award assignments.