Study the Rapidly Changing Health Needs of Our Society
If you’re drawn to studying the rapidly changing health needs of our society, the College of Health Sciences provides both undergraduate and graduate programs in disciplines that emphasize health education, promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
Students in the College of Health Sciences study areas like human performance, general nursing, advanced practice nursing, public health, and other aspects of health and wellness.
Our focus is helping students develop into empowered leaders committed to improving the health and well-being of individuals, communities, and our global society through lifelong learning and dedicated service.
College of Health Sciences Mission
The College of Health Science’s mission is to educate future leaders for the advancement of health and wellness.
We fulfill this mission by committing to:
- Create a learning environment in which diversity and inclusivity of intellectual thought, experiences, and identifications are valued. We consciously cultivate a culture of equity and accessibility to opportunities and resources in order to grow, contribute, lead, and excel within the College of Health Sciences, Georgia College & State University, and global communities.
- Utilize transformative and experiential teaching and learning pedagogies. We engage with our students through simulations, research, study abroad, service learning, preceptors, and internships to foster practical application for their future professions. College of Health Sciences students become life-long learners through their engagement within and beyond the classroom.
- Engage and serve populations within and beyond our community. We collectively unite with local and global partners to identify, assess the needs, educate, and serve vulnerable populations. Our students use their education and training to promote community health and wellness and to commit to lifelong service.
- Lead inter-professional collaboration and education. We support collaborative experiences between faculty, staff, and students by drawing on the exceptional quality of scholarship, mentorship, instruction, and professional credentials in the pursuit of higher education.
Explore Our Programs
- Athletic Training M.S.
- Health and Human Performance M.S.
- Health Promotion Concentration
- Coaching and Athletic Performance
- Kinesiology/Physical Education M.A.T.
- MSN - Family Nurse Practitioner Concentration (Online)
- MSN - Nurse Educator Concentration (Online)
- MSN - Nurse Midwifery Concentration (Online)
- MSN - Professional Enrichment
- MSN - Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration (Online)
- MSN - Women's Health Nurse Practitioner Concentration (Online)
- Nursing DNP
- Nursing MSN