You're invited to join us for Homecoming 2020! This year's theme is The Golden Twenties, a celebration of the era of the Roaring 20's. Homecoming festivities kick-off on Monday, Feb. 17. From Tent City to announcing the Homecoming Court, there will be a lot of fun and exciting activities for all ages to participate in.
Document the fun times, reflect on the memories, and archive the occasion with the hashtag:
Learn more about the week's events:
4 p.m. Baseball vs. Savannah St. – John Kurtz Field
7 p.m. CAB Comedy Night featuring Corey Rodrigues – Magnolia Ballroom
10 a.m. Office Decorating Contest (judging)
2 p.m. Office Decorating Contest Winners Announced
5:30 p.m. Women's Basketball Game vs. Francis Marion – Centennial Center
7:30 p.m. Men's Basketball Game vs. Francis Marion – Centennial Center
1 - 5 p.m. Little Library Decorating - Centennial Center
11 a.m. Integrated Science Building Ground Breaking – Kilpatrick Parking Lot
1:30 - 2:30 p.m. Terrell Hall Ribbon Cutting – Terrell Hall
2 - 5 p.m. Alumni Registration – Summerlin House
3 - 4:30 p.m. Mass Communication Alumni Council Interest Meeting – Terrell Hall
4 - 6 p.m. Cultural Center Homecoming Kickback – Cultural Center (HUB)
6 p.m. Baseball vs. Claflin – John Kurtz Field
7 - 9 p.m. Roaring Bobcats Alumni Meet & Greet – Magnolia Ballroom
7 p.m. Homecoming Concert (doors open) – Centennial Center
7:30 p.m. Homecoming Concert Begins – Centennial Center
Blue and Green Day
9 a.m. Tent City Opens – Centennial Center Parking Lot
9 a.m. Breakfast at NPHC Plaza – National Pan-Hellenic Council Plaza
10 a.m Alumni Registration – Summerlin House
11 a.m. Tailgating Begins – Centennial Center Parking Lot
12 p.m. Community Stage – Centennial Center Patio
2 p.m. Cornhole Tournament (Wellness & Recreation) – Centennial Center Patio
2 p.m. Baseball vs. Chaflin – John Kurtz Field
3:30 p.m. Women’s Basketball vs. North Georgia – Centennial Center
Women’s Halftime: Intro of Duke and Duchess Courts, Little Libraries Winner (after game)
5:30 p.m. Men’s Basketball vs. North Georgia – Centennial Center
Men’s Halftime: Intro of King and Queen Courts
After Men’s Game:
- SGA Election Results
- Georgia College Early College’s King and Queen Intro
- Duke and Duchess Winners (see last year's winners)
- King and Queen Winners (see last year's winners)
- Club Football National Champion Team
7:30 p.m. Taste of Milledgeville – Front Campus
Friday February 21
- Homecoming Weekend Pass
- Includes Friday's The Roaring Bobcats Alumni Meet & Greet or Homecoming Concert, and Saturday's 20/20 Health Initiative: Colonials and Bobcats Aging Gracefully, Tent City, tickets to the Homecoming Basketball Games and Taste of Milledgeville. RSVP by February 14, for a special prize!
- Terrell Hall Ribbon Cutting 1:30 - 2:30 p.m.
- Georgia College is pleased to invite you to the Ribbon Cutting of the newly renovated Terrell Hall which will be the new home of our Mass Communications Department!
- Mass Comm Alumni Council Interest Meeting 3:00 - 4:30 p.m.
- This meeting is set to begin the conversations around establishing the GC Mass Communications Alumni Council . Members of the University Advancement team will share what needs to be done to create the affinity group and to gain a list of alumni who are interested in joining as well as potential candidates for leadership positions. The meeting will be held in the Pat Peterson Museum Education Room of the Library. Lunch will be served.
- Homecoming Concert 7:00 - 11:00 p.m.
- Join us for the annual Homecoming Concert on Friday, February 21, in the Centennial Center. This year's act is currently TBD at a later date. Each alum may purchase tickets* for themselves and two additional guests (3 tickets total). All guests must be 18+ and accompanied by the alumni who purchased the tickets at all times. Tickets are only available to alumni, and may not be resold to students or other guests. *Due to having a limited number of tickets available, all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first-served basis. Tickets must be purchased and picked up by 5 p.m. on February 21.
- The Roaring Bobcats Alumni Meet and Greet
- Georgia College is excited to welcome our alumni back to campus! We invite you all to join the Georgia College Alumni Association for a 1920's themed extravaganza! Come socialize with your fellow alumni and dance to the sounds of our live performers, The Showstoppers Band. Admission for the event is $15. The social will be held in the Magnolia Ballroom and doors open at 6:30 p.m. RSVP by February 17, 2020. 1920's attire is optional.
Saturday February 22
- NPHC Plaza Breakfast Reception 9:00 - 10:00 a.m.
- Breakfast reception at the National Pan-Hellenic Council Historical Plaza
- 20/20 Health Initiative: Colonials and Bobcats Aging Gracefully
- Sponsored by the Georgia College African American Alumni Council, Colonials and Bobcats in the health profession come to speak with their fellow GC Alumni on health topics in Nutrition, Oral Health and Ophthalmology. Sessions will be running simultaneously, so choose which one interests you the most.
- Tent City 1:00 - 3:00 p.m.
- Join us at Tent City on Saturday, February 22! Tent City officially begins at 9am. However, the Alumni Tent, located outside of the Centennial Center entrance, will open at 1pm. Cost is $5 and includes food, provided by Amici, and one drink ticket.
- Taste of Milledgeville 2020 7:30 - 10:00 p.m.
- The Georgia College Young Alumni Council invites you to come and enjoy some of your Milledgeville favorites on Front Campus during Homecoming 2020! Cost is $15 and includes samples from restaurants in attendance as well as two drink tickets. Please check back for a list of participating restaurants.
Little Library Information
This year's Homecoming Paws On A Cause event is partnering with the Baldwin County Family Connection to make Free Little Libraries (FLL) which will be placed at different locations within Baldwin County.
We encourage student RSOs, Greek Organizations, Residence Halls or Floors, athletic teams, club sports, departments, offices, staffs, etc to join us for this impactful philanthropy event. The Alumni Association in Partnership with the Alumni Board of Directors will be sponsoring the price of $250.00 to the student organization who has the best overall FLL.
There are only 4 rules for your FLL:
They must be water proof
They can not have anything political on them
They must have a minimum of 25 children and/or adult appropriate new or gently used books
They must be turned in for judging by Thursday, Feb. 20th at 5 pm to Centennial Center
The criteria that will be used to judge the the student RSOs FLL:
20% RSO recognition (colors, letters, crests, logos, slogans, names, etc)
20% GC pride (GC, Georgia College, blue & green, Bobcats, a picture of a Bobcat, etc.)
20% (All or nothing) MUST have a minimum of 25 children and/or adult new or gently used books
20% Overall Presentation
*You can re-purpose items to make your FLL (Mini refrigerators, microwaves, coolers, plastic bins, etc.) Google or Pinterest has been ideas and suggestions that you can use.
Questions please contact Kendall Stiles at email@example.com or at 478-445-5936
Tent City registration deadline:
Tent City: Saturday, February 15 (open for set up: 9:00 a.m.; starts: 11:00 a.m.)
The deadline to register for Tent City is February 7 at 5 p.m.
Tent City is the official "tailgating" event for the Homecoming game and offers a place for everyone to gather in a convenient location. All Tent City participants must register.
Tent City is an opportunity for current students, faculty, staff, and alumni to rent a tent or bring a small tent (max. 10 ft. x 10 ft.) as part of the homecoming celebration. In order to participate, you must be a recognized student organization, campus office/department, or alumni group. Tents serve as a great location for reunions. A group may purchase a tent from the Tent City committee, and we will have the tent set up for you in the Tent City area. Space will be assigned to each group by the Tent City chair.
Groups may choose to grill or bring prepared foods to serve their guests. Tailgating activities may begin at 11 a.m. at the tent locations and must conclude by 8 p.m.
Tent Rentals range from $160 to $580, with sizes ranging from 10 ft. x 10 ft. to 30 ft. x 30 ft. and all rentals will receive one or more tables plus chairs. Groups bringing a personal tent, not to exceed 10 ft. x 10 ft., will only be charged a $25 reservation fee and will be provided with one 6-foot table.
GC Students Only – Monday, January 27
All GC students can purchase one ticket at the student discount rate of $10. Students looking to purchase any additional tickets can do so beginning on Monday, February 10 at the discounted rate of $10 each.
Alumni - Monday, January 27
A limited number of tickets have been set aside for Alumni members to purchase through the Alumni Office.
For more information for Alumni, please visit the Alumni website.
Faculty and Staff – Monday, February 10
Faculty and staff members can purchase tickets at a discounted rate of $15 each.
General Admission – February 10
For all non-GC personnel, tickets can be purchased at the general admission rate of $25 each.
*Due to having a limited number of tickets available, all tickets will be sold on a first-come, first served basis.
*All tickets can be purchased from the Campus Life Office, room 214 of the Student Activities Center, from 8 a.m.- 4 p.m.
*Keep your ticket(s) in a safe place. Damaged or lost tickets will not be replaced.
*Tickets will not be sold at the door
Find Your Way Around Campus
Learn more about the campus including landmarks and where events are held by visiting the Interactive Campus Map.
Don't Miss Out
Still not sure about coming back? See some of the sites and sounds from last year's Homecoming celebration, Millywood.