Students that complete an internship that is not for academic credit can have their internship experience added to their transcript by completing a not-for-credit internship. The not-for-credit internship will appear on their academic transcript as 0 course credits but will help show future employers and graduate schools that they have gained real-world experience. For more information, check out the drop-down menus below or contact Lauren Easom or call (478) 445-5384.
Not-for-Credit Internship Guidelines
The experience must be an extension of the classroom: a learning experience that provides knowledge gained in the classroom.
You must be enrolled at Georgia College.
You must work a minimum of 40 hours over the course of the internship.
The internship location must be approved by the Career Center.
The internship work site must include a supervisor who is a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional experience that provides feedback.
The experience must have a defined beginning and end.
- Find an appropriate internship.
- Meet with a Career Center staff member to provide a job description of your chosen internship to ensure it qualifies for the course.
- Activate your account in Handshake and report your internship.
- Contact the Career Center to register for the course or register online.
- Watch for an email from the internship course instructor that provides a syllabus and further information about the online course.
- Communicate with your internship course instructor via the online course and complete assignments as posted.
- You and your supervisor must complete an evaluation in Handshake.
- Complete a minimum of 40 hours.
- How to Report a Not-for-Credit Internship in Handshake
- Course Syllabus (Freshmen & Sophomores)
- Course Syllabus (Juniors & Seniors)