Chief of Staff
CHIEF OF STAFF
Background: Rebecca Meghani is a senior political science major from Jefferson, GA. Prior to being Chief of Staff, she was the Director of University Housing Affairs and a member of Senate. Aside from Student Government, Rebecca is Head News Editor of the school's newspaper, The Colonnade.
The Job of the SGA Chief of Staff:
The SGA Chief of Staff's primary job is to complete the initiatives of the SGA President and manage the SGA Cabinet.
The Chief of Staff serves as the senior advisor to the SGA President and reports to the President on the advice of the SGA Cabinet.
The Chief of Staff assists the SGA President in selecting students to serve in staff positions.
Chief of Staff Meghani is always open to hearing new & innovative ways to make Georgia College a better campus overall. He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Chief of Staff's Office is located in Room 105 of the Student Activities Center.
The primary job of the SGA Press Secretary is to manage and maintain media relations with on-campus and off-campus media outlets. In addition, the Press Secretary will:
Maintain the different types of media sources used in house by SGA
Ensure that the media sources are being effectively utilized for communication to constituents, Senators, and Executives
Deliver information in a timely manner to faculty, staff, and the student body
Promote SGA through on-campus media outlets, including but not limited to the campus radio, newspaper, and email list
To view the SGA Press Policy, click on "Documents" located in the dropdown menu on the right side of the page.
Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs
The Director of Fraternity and Sorority Affairs acts as a liaison between SGA and the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life. Maintaining contact between the two, the director will:
- Develop and perpetuate strong relationships between SGA and Greek organizations on campus
- Assist in the promotion of Greek Life throughout the Georgia College community
- Coordinate joint community service projects for Greek Life and SGA
- Inform SGA of issues surrounding Greek Life
- Promote Greek Unity between organizations
- Enforce guidelines set in place by the Office of Fraternity and Sorority Life
Director of Environmental Affairs
Georgia College is going Green! The Director of Environmental Affairs, with the assistance of the Assistant Director, is responsible for communicating sustainability within the Georgia College community while giving students an opportunity to join and support the many environmental groups and organizations offered on campus. The Director will:
- Promote recycling for students on and off campus
- Search for new and innovative ways for Georgia College to improve its Green initiative
- Work with campus organizations to help foster new ideas to continue to further Georgia College's Green efforts
- Provide waste reduction opportunities and quality recycling services to students and campus clients
- Find new ways for Georgia College to reduce its environmental impact
The Georgia College Recycling Program and sustainability effort were established in 2009, by then President Dorothy Leland.
Do you need a recycling bin?
In order for you to adopt-a-bin, please fill out the form below and a member of the Program staff will get in touch with you. Thank you for reducing, reusing and recycling.
Partner Organizations on Campus:
- Campus Green Initiatives Committee
- Sustainability Council
- Georgia College Environmental Science Club
If you are interested in participating in our efforts, please email email@example.com.
Director of Athletic Affairs
The Director of Athletic Affairs shall do as follows:
- Supervise and manage the performances of Thunder.
- Manage travel arrangements for Thunder to and from appearances.
- Actively seek opportunities for Thunder that are high impact and appropriate.
- Act as an escort to the costumed Thunder mascot as needed.
- Reports to the Chief of Staff.
Director of University Housing Affairs
The Director of University Housing Affairs works alongside SGA and the Georgia College Resident Student Association. The Director will:
- Act as a liaison between University Housing and SGA
- Identify and address issues that impact both on and off campus residents
- Seek out opportunities to further on-campus housing throughout the Georgia College community
- Search for new ways to promote on-campus housing to the student body
Director of Governmental Affairs
The goal of the Director of Governmental Affairs is to provide the most up-to-date and relevant political material to the Georgia College community. The Director of Governmental Affairs will also work to provide Georgia College students with the opportunity to participate in the Legislative processes that most directly affect them.
The Director will:
- Serve as a liaison between our elected officials, civic leaders, and the SGA’s administration
- Keep campus leaders up to date on the rapidly changing political climate at the local, state, and national levels
- Partner with local, state, and national elected as well as appointed officials to benefit Georgia College
- Facilitate opportunities for students to get involved with their elected officials
- Strive to keep Georgia College a politically active and aware campus
- Attend monthly council and commission meetings
- Coordinates GC Day at the Capitol
- Follow legislation of interest in the Georgia General Assembly and the United States Congress
Want to get involved?
Contact the Director of Governmental Affairs, D. Wesley Applebury, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by the Student Government Association’s offices in the Student Activities Center to learn more about what you can do to help.
Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs
The Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs is responsible for helping all Bobcats feel included and heard on a campus-wide scale. From small problems to big ideas, the Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs wants to help Georgia College students as much as possible while promoting tolerance, inclusiveness and diversity education.
The Director of Multi-Cultural Affairs will:
- Promote a safe and welcoming environment on campus for all Bobcats despite race, religious beliefs, disabilities, gender preference or sexual orientation.
- Identify issues of misunderstanding and hate on campus and in turn seek ways of promoting understanding and respect
- Work directly with minority student groups and act as a direct liaison to the Student Government Association
- Create diversity educational opportunities that are available to all students.
- Encourage discussion of current local, national and global issues of race, religious beliefs, disabilities, gender preference, and sexual orientation
- Provide a safe space for all Bobcats.
- Help to enact the Diversity Action Plan by working closely with the HUB.
The Surgeon General of the Student Government Association is responsible for addressing all matters of public health on campus.
The Surgeon General will:
- Promote healthy eating habits
- Educate the campus community on the Tobacco Free policy
- Work with Counseling Services to address issues of mental health and eating disorders
- Promote awareness weeks (health-focused)
- Start support groups on campus
Director of Service Advancement
The Director of Service Advancement serves as a liaison between SGA and the GIVE Center, works closely with service organizations to find ways for SGA to serve them best, and to assist in SGA fundraising efforts for the Student Emergency Fund.
Director of LGBTQ+ Affairs
This position will work towards creating a safer and more inclusive environment for our LGBT students and allies.
Director for International Affairs
This position will work to bridge the gap between International students and the rest of the Georgia College community while encouraging them not to just assimilate into our culture but use their diversity as an asset to strengthen our school.