In its representation of all staff employees, the Georgia College Staff Council aims to promote better understanding, increased cooperation and open communication among all constituent groups on campus. While performing this duty, the Staff Council will endorse and adhere to the mission and goals of Georgia College.
- Enhance the communication network for staff throughout the university community.
- Nominate staff members to serve on university-wide committees.
- Coordinate annual elections for Staff Council.
- Appoint standing committees and ad hoc committees, as determined by majority of the Council.
- Conduct quarterly meetings of the Staff Council, annual all-staff forums and meetings of staff by division/unit areas.
- Promote professional development, technical and educational opportunities to enhance and promote employee skills.
- The Staff Council shall not be authorized to consider or determine individual grievances.
Staff Council Committees
The Executive Committee shall consist of the chairperson, vice chair, secretary, treasurer and past chair. The chairperson of Staff Council shall serve as chairperson of the Executive Committee.
BYLAWS & ELECTIONS COMMITTEE
The Bylaws & Elections Committee will consist of at least three members of the Staff Council. The duties of the Bylaws & Elections Committee include reviewing any proposed amendments to the Bylaws, upholding all parts of the Bylaws, administering all nominations and elections of staff council members, officers and Senate positions.
The Communications Committee will consist of at least three members of the Staff Council. The duties of the Communications Committee include addressing the need and initiating and implementing means for increased communications to and for all staff campus wide.
SPECIAL PROJECTS COMMITTEE
The Special Projects Committee will consist of at least three members of the Staff Council. The duties of the Special Projects Committee include the handling of all projects such as employee recognition, support/morale, etc., as well as various other activities to enhance the GC staff community.
STAFF DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
The Staff Development Committee will consist of at least three members of the Staff Council. The duties of the Staff Development Committee include addressing staff development issues such as career and professional development, basic skills development and technical training geared toward professional growth.