Welcome to the WRC!
The Department of Wellness and Recreation enhances the Georgia College experience by providing programs and services that promote healthy lifestyles, build community and enable student success. Get Connected with the WRC today!
The Wellness and Recreation Center was built in 2011 as a LEED Certified Building. The 100,000 square foot building is home to three Georgia College departments: Wellness and Recreation, Student Health Services and Counseling Services.
The Department of Wellness and Recreation offers wellness, fitness, intramural and club sports programming. The building is available for use by currently enrolled Georgia College students who pay the appropriate building and health fees.
Non-fee paying GC students, Full-time benefit eligible GC faculty and staff, GC retirees & alumni, and area community members over the age of 18 years are eligible to purchase memberships. See our Membership page for details.
On the Main Level:
- 2 Traditional Courts + 1 Multi-Purpose Court
- 29' Indoor Climbing Wall
- Intramural/Club Sports and WRC Administrative Offices
- Lobby with Social Areas, Vending & Restrooms
- Member Services Desk
- Locker Rooms
- Aquatic Center
- Elevator Access
- Access to Student Health Services
On the Upper Level:
- Strength, Resistance & Cardio Equipment
- Indoor Track
- Stretching & Core Areas
- Group Fitness Studio
- Offices for Fitness Administration, Outdoor Education Director/Lecturer and Personal Training
- Stadium Seating for Aquatic Center
- Access to Counseling Services
- Intramural and Club Sports Fields including Multi-Purpose Fields for flag football, soccer, lacrosse, rugby and more; Tennis Courts; Softball/Baseball Fields; Ultimate Frisbee Course