The Women’s Center at Georgia College strives to create a dynamic campus community that challenges gender-based oppression through education, support, and community-building. Utilizing a feminist and intersectional lens, we work to achieve our mission through:
- Creating programming promoting healthy sexuality and relationships;
- Providing opportunities for leadership development and personal empowerment;
- Collaborating across campus and community for social change;
- Driving power-based interpersonal violence prevention efforts at GC;
- Supporting members of our campus community in times of crisis.
The Women's Center (WC) is a place where anyone can come and find out about gender issues. We are here because we believe women should be able to live life free from fear of partner violence, sexual assault, and sexual harassment. We believe women should be paid equitably, enjoy healthy self-esteem and have confidence that comes from within. If that sounds like something you believe in, then the Women's Center is for you!
LGBTQ+ Programs offers STAR Ally training and a variety of support services in an effort to help create an environment in which all members of the GC Community feel safe and affirmed.
Project BRAVE is Georgia College's comprehensive power-based interpersonal violence prevention initiative.
Check out some of the programs and events we offer, like the Clothesline Project, and the Vagina Monologues.
The Women's center has many services for both students and faculty including individual support, a resource library, and training programs.