Receiving an offer of admission to the university is only the first step. To reserve your space, all admitted freshmen (and transfer students with less than 12 hours) wishing to reserve their seats must submit the following by May 1:
- a $200 non-refundable enrollment confirmation deposit
- a $235 housing application fee & security deposit ($200 of which is refundable up to May 1)
Students are encouraged to submit their deposits as soon as they are certain of Georgia College as their college choice, especially since room assignments and roommate preferences are based on date priority.
Additional deposit information and the Confirmation of Enrollment form will arrive with the acceptance package. Any students admitted after May 1 must submit the confirmation deposit and housing materials within two weeks of receiving an offer of admission.
Any student canceling a housing contract after May 1 will forfeit the housing security deposit.
Submitting a Confirmation Deposit
Confirmation deposits may be submitted by credit card payment through the Georgia College Student Account Center which can be accessed through PAWS.
STEP 1: SET UP ONLINE STUDENT ACCOUNT
Your PAWS account will allow you to pay your confirmation and housing deposits, POUNCE, print your schedule, find your advisor, access financial aid awards, pay for your classes, view course offerings and much more!
- Visit http://unify.gcsu.edu/
- Select the “MyPassword” tab along the top bar
- Select “Set Initial Password” to enroll in the system by setting unique security questions
- Refer to your acceptance packet for your GCID number and bobcat email address
- Complete the information and select submit
- You will be brought back to the main unify.gcsu.edu page
- Now you are ready to log in and explore the virtual world of GC!
For questions about creating your account, contact our Serve Help Desk at: email@example.com or (478) 445-7378.
STEP 2: ENROLL IN DUO
- Log in to Unify (http://unify.gcsu.edu) using your GC student (@bobcats.gcsu.edu) credentials.
- Select the green "DUO Enroll" button; located near the center of the screen.
- Click here to view DUO iPhone instructions
- Click here to view DUO Android instructions
- Enter your student credentials. Follow the steps to install and enroll in DUO
- When you reach the screen that verifies your successful enrollment, press Logout
- If you have a second phone that can be used for authentication, you will select "DUO Self Service" button in Unify. Once you enter your username and password, DUO will prompt you to authenticate using the method that you just created. Once fully authenticated, please add a second (or more) method to authenticate.
- When you're finished, please press Logout
Submitting your confirmation deposit by credit card
Credit card payments may be submitted online through the GC Student Account Center. Through the Student Account Center, you will be able to manage your student account, view your bills, make payments, and set up authorized users (parents, employers, etc).
To reserve your space in the freshman class, you must submit your non-refundable, $200 confirmation deposit. Once we receive your confirmation deposit, you will be able to move forward with housing and registration. The deadline to submit your confirmation deposit is May 1.
- Visit https://unify.gcsu.edu/
- Enter your GC email address and Unify password
- Click on the PAWS button and login using your Unify password. In the new window (Duo Security), choose an authentication method. We recommend to useDuo Push: Send Me a Push option. Click on notification icon and approve the login request. Go back to the Unify page.
- Click on PAWS icon on https://unify.gcsu.edu/
- Choose “Student Account Center” tab
- Select “Student Account Center” link
- Select the “GC Student Account Center” button (you will be sent to a different web page)
- Select Deposits tab located along the top bar
- Select entry term for making a payment (term the student will begin)
- Click on the “Select” button
- Under “Select Deposit Payment”, choose “Admissions Confirmation Deposit” from the Deposit Account dropdown and click on the “Select” button
- Proceed to make the deposit payment by selecting “Continue”
- Select the credit card payment method and click on “Select”
- Enter credit card information and select “Continue” to submit confirmation deposit and complete payment
For questions about the confirmation deposit, contact the Office of Admissions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (478) 445-1283.
After your confirmation deposit has been processed you will be able to reserve your freshmen class schedule as early as February through the POUNCE early registration process and apply for university housing.
Please allow 24 hours for confirmation deposit to clear before completing the housing contract. Confirmation deposits must be paid prior to applying for university housing.
Confirmation Deposits must be received no later than May 1.
Submitting your confirmation deposit by check or money order
Confirmation deposits may be submitted by check or money order, along with the Confirmation of Attendance for New Freshmen form from the student's acceptance package. Mailed Deposits may be paid by personal check or money order. Please DO NOT send cash. Please return your completed Confirmation of Attendance for New Freshmen form along with $200 confirmation deposit to:
The Office of Admissions
Georgia College & State University
Campus Box 23
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Please be sure to allow sufficient mailing time. Confirmation Deposits must be received no later than May 1st.