Congratulations! Receiving an offer of admission to the university is only the first step. To reserve your space, all admitted freshmen (and transfer students with less than 12 hours) wishing to reserve their seats must submit the following by June1:
- a $200 non-refundable enrollment confirmation deposit
- a $235 housing application fee & security deposit ($200 of which is refundable up to May 1)
Students are encouraged to submit their deposits as soon as they are certain of Georgia College as their college choice, especially since room assignments and roommate preferences are based on date priority.
Additional deposit information and the Confirmation of Enrollment form will arrive with the acceptance package. Any students admitted after May 1 must submit the confirmation deposit and housing materials within two weeks of receiving an offer of admission.
Any student canceling a housing contract after May 1 will forfeit the housing security deposit.
Submitting a Confirmation Deposit
Confirmation deposits may be submitted by check, credit card or money order, along with the Confirmation of Attendance for New Freshmen form from the students acceptance package. Credit card payments may be submitted online through the Georgia College Student Account Center which can be accessed through PAWS.
Credit card payments may be submitted online through the GC Student Account Center. Through the Student Account Center, you will be able to manage your student account, view your bills, make payments, and set up authorized users (parents, employers, etc).
Instructions on submitting your confirmation deposit by credit card
- Visit http://unify.gcsu.edu/
- Enter your GC email address and Unify password
- Access PAWS from the third tab at the top or from the PAWS icon under the student tab
- Choose “Student Account Center” tab
- Select “Student Account Center” link
- Select the “GC Student Account Center” button (you will be sent to a different web page)
- Select Deposits tab located along the top bar
- Select entry term for making a payment (term your student will begin)
- Click on the “Select” button
- Under “Select Deposit Payment”, choose “Admissions Conf Dep” from the Deposit Account dropdown and click on the “Select” button
- Proceed to make the deposit payment by selecting “Continue”
- Select the credit card payment method and click on “Select”
- Enter credit card information and select “Continue” to submit confirmation deposit and complete payment
For questions about the confirmation deposit, contact the Office of Admissions at: email@example.com or (478) 445-1283.
After your confirmation deposit has been processed you will be able to reserve your freshmen class schedule as early as February through the POUNCE early registration process and apply for university housing. Confirmation deposits must be paid prior to applying for university housing.
Confirmation Deposits must be received no later than May 1.
Confirmation deposits may be submitted by check or money order, along with the Confirmation of Attendance for New Freshmen form from the student's acceptance package. Mailed Deposits may be paid by personal check or money order. Please DO NOT send cash. Please return your completed Confirmation of Attendance for New Freshmen form along with $200 confirmation deposit to:
The Office of Admissions
Georgia College & State University
Campus Box 23
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Please be sure to allow sufficient mailing time. Confirmation Deposits must be received no later than May 1st.