You’ve worked hard throughout high school and developed an impressive academic record. We want to see you rewarded for all that effort. That’s why we created the President’s Scholarship Competition (PSC).
The PSC provides an opportunity for high-achieving high school seniors from across the country to compete for Georgia College & State University’s most prestigious scholarships. The PSC awards scholarships to incoming first-year students with superior academic accomplishments. These are among the most prestigious – and competitive – awards offered to freshmen.
- Trustee Scholarships ($6,000 per year/$24,000 total)
- Presidential Scholarships ($4,000 per year/$16,000 total)
- Esther Cathy Endowed Presidential Scholarship (2)
- Joseph and Patricia Samprone Presidential Scholarship
- Chandler Family endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Vera L. Vincent Scholarship for Liberal Arts and Sciences Study ($3,000 per year/$12,000 total)
Plus, there are several more awards for top competitors—some of which include a travel stipend to study abroad and expand your liberal arts experience.
Each year, approximately 100 students come to the Georgia College campus for the day-long scholarship competition. Students will interview with faculty, interact with current students, participate in a classroom experience and explore the beautiful campus.
To Be Considered for the President's Scholarship Competition, you must:
- Complete entire application for admission to Georgia College via Early Action by the October 15, 2023 deadline
- Students are encouraged to submit additional documents (letters of recommendation and a resume) to strengthen their application for admission and scholarship; however, these items are not required
- Be a current High School Senior (students who took a gap year after high school graduation and have not since enrolled in college are also eligible for PSC consideration)
- Have a minimum 3.5 gpa (as calculated by the Office of Admissions)
- Have a minimum 1200 on the SAT or an ACT Composite Score of 25
- To obtain a scholarship, students must participate in the entire competition, if invited
*Meeting these criteria does not guarantee selection for competition.
Georgia College & State University utilizes a holistic review process for selection, which includes the consideration of additional factors such as recommendations, essays, extra-curricular activities, and community involvement.