December 3, 2021
You’ve worked hard throughout high school and developed an impressive academic record. We want to see you rewarded for all that effort. That’s why we created the President’s Scholarship Competition (PSC).
The PSC provides an opportunity for high-achieving high school seniors from across the country to compete for Georgia College’s most prestigious scholarships. The PSC awards scholarships to incoming first-year students with superior academic accomplishments. These are among the most prestigious – and competitive – awards offered to freshmen.
- Trustee Scholarships ($6,000 per year/$24,000 total)
- Presidential Scholarships ($4,000 per year/$16,000 total)
- Esther Cathy Endowed Presidential Scholarship (2)
- Joseph and Patricia Samprone Presidential Scholarship
- Chandler Family endowed Presidential Scholarship
- Vera L. Vincent Scholarship for Liberal Arts and Sciences Study ($3,000 per year/$12,000 total)
- Goizueta Foundation Scholarship ($4,000 per year/$16,000 total)
Plus, there are several more awards for top competitors—some of which include a travel stipend to study abroad and expand your liberal arts experience.
Each year, approximately 60 students come to the Georgia College campus for the day-long scholarship competition. Students will interview with faculty, interact with current students, participate in a classroom experience and explore the beautiful campus. At this time, this event is scheduled to be held in-person.
To Be Considered for the President's Scholarship Competition, you must:
- Submit a President's Scholarship Competition (PSC) Interest Form by October 31
- Be a current High School Senior (students who took a gap year after high school graduation and have not since enrolled in college are also eligible for PSC consideration).
- Complete entire application for admission to Georgia College via Early Action (including letters of recommendation and resume).
- Priority consideration will be given to students who are complete by October 1.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from a teacher or school counselor (if not already submitted with application).
- Submit a resume of activities, awards, leadership roles, etc. (if not already submitted with application).
- Have a minimum 3.5 gpa (as calculated by the Office of Admission).
- Have a minimum 1310 on the SAT, or an ACT Composite Score of 28.
- Participate in the entire competition, if invited.
Georgia College and State University utilizes a holistic review process for selection, which includes the consideration of additional factors such as recommendations, essays, extra-curricular activities, and community involvement.