The Alumni Association helps preserve the legacy of GC by honoring alumni and friends with seven different awards. The distinguished honorees represent just a few of the many alumni who contribute in numerous ways to their fellow alumni, to the university, to their communities, and to their professions.
We wish to congratulate the following 2021 Alumni Award winners:
- Alumni Heritage Award: Dr. Susan C. Stewart '70
- Alumni Service Award: Ms. Pamela D. Trawick '91
- Outstanding Recent Alumni Award: Dr. Sean B. Dolan '12
- Ethel Rae Mozo-Stewart Community Service Award: Dr. Vincent M. Carey '87
The deadline for nominations for the 2022 Alumni Awards ceremony is May 15, 2022.
Alumni Heritage Award
Presented to an alumna who, in four or more decades of service, has demonstrated in her own life those ideals that best exemplify the traditions and heritage of the university.
Honorary Alumna/Alumnus Award
A distinctive award reserved for non-graduates who have rendered outstanding service to the university through work with the GC Alumni Association. Approval of the recipient by the Association's full board is required.
Alumni Achievement Award
This award is given to graduates who have excelled in a particular professional field, having attained prominence and/or have had a positive effect on the state, regional or national level.
Outstanding Recent Alumni Award
Only Georgia College alumni graduated within the past 10 years are eligible for this award, established to honor the achievement of notable recognition in a professional or business career, and promise for continued success.
Alumni Service Award
This award recognizes graduates who have rendered the greatest service in recent years to both the university and the Alumni Association.
Ethel Rae Mozo-Stewart Alumni Community Service Award
Graduates, associate and honorary alumni are eligible for this award, established in memory of an alumna from the class of '46, to honor the spirit of volunteerism among graduates. Appropriate candidates are characterized by a history of exemplary service, not necessarily in leadership positions, that resulted in visible improvements within his or her community.
William Bone Golden Key Award
Only bestowed from time to time, this award is reserved to honor friends of Georgia College who have rendered outstanding service to both the university and its community. Nominees are not required to be alumni or connected to the Alumni Association; however, they must not have received honors from either the university or the Association within the past four years.
Individual College Alumni Awards
Each college has selected a deserving alumnus for one of three awards: the Alumnus of the Year, Young Alumnus of the Year and Humanitarian.
College of Arts & Sciences:
- Alumnus of the Year - Dr. Susan D. Richardson '84
- Young Alumnus of the Year - Dr. Sean B. Dolan '12
- Humanitarian - Miss Felicia F. Cummings '02
J. Whitney Bunting College of Business:
- Alumnus of the Year - Mrs. Quay M. Fuller '80
- Young Alumnus of the Year - Mr. Brent V. Zucker '16
- Humanitarian - Mr. A. Ross Sheppard '13
John H. Lounsbury College of Education:
- Alumnus of the Year - Mrs. Samantha M. Fuhrey '07
- Young Alumnus of the Year - Miss Jessica L. Chatman '18
- Humanitarian - Miss Jasia L. Clark '20
College of Health Sciences:
- Alumnus of the Year - Dr. Crystal A. Champion '04
- Young Alumnus of the Year - Mr. Travis J. Aultman '20
John E. Sallstrom Honors College:
- Alumnus of the Year - Dr. Roger J. Best '89
- Young Alumnus of the Year - Dr. Ashlin D. Burch '15