The Georgia College Student Alumni Council is the student arm of the GC Alumni Association. The council’s mission is threefold: to educate, engage and foster pride in our university in order to enhance the connection among students past, present and future.
The Georgia College Student Alumni Council is a student run organization where members have a chance to get involved with Georgia College in a totally different way. With the support of the Alumni Association, we create and provide the opportunity for current students and alumni to come together through exciting events and programs.
- The SAC serves as the link between alumni and current students.
- The SAC also serves to make current students aware of their potential future roles as part of the Alumni Association.
- Membership in the SAC can ultimately lead to endless networking possibilities.
AUG. 2023 UPDATE:
The University Advancement office is excited to announce the appointment of Nadirah Mayweather '08, '10 as the new Director of Alumni Relations. Nadirah started with University Advancement on July 1, 2023 and is in the process of coordinating all alumni efforts with the Alumni Association Board of Directors. During this time, the Student Alumni Council program has been temporarily put on pause. Please check back for future updates! If you have any questions, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2020-2021 Student Alumni Council
Maggie Craig, '21
Abby Everett, '21
John Gaylor, '22
Jo Patrick, '22
Sarah Rice, '22
Iliana Ward, '22
Milligan Williams, '22
Events and Activities
The Student Alumni Council facilitates many events. We work with the Alumni Association and Senior Class Giving to provide both fun and informative activities for past and present students.
The Student Alumni Council participates in and facilitates many events throughout the year including:
- Volunteering and networking at alumni events hosted by the Alumni Association:
- Deeproots Weekend
- Alumni Weekend
- Homecoming Weekend
Exclusive events only for SAC members:
- Dinner with Bobcats
- Dinner with Eight Extraordinary Bobcats is a new tradition being brought to Georgia College by the Student Alumni Council. This great program has been growing throughout colleges and universities all over North America. The idea is simple: a dinner with students, faculty, alumni and friends of Georgia College to share a good meal, good conversation and an extraordinary time.
- Young Alumni Council Collaborations
- Join the bi-annual Young Alumni Council meetings to learn about Young Alumni initiatives and possible collaboration opportunities.
- Assist the Council with their annual alumni event – Taste of Milledgeville - held on Front Campus during Homecoming every year.
- Work closely with young alumni panelists when they visit campus for networking events
The Student Alumni Council works with Senior Class Giving ambassadors to put on events that raise awareness about the students' future roles in the Alumni Association such as:
- Charter Day Celebration: Partner with Campus Life to hand out cake to students on Georgia College’s Charter Day.
- Love4GC: Celebrate Valentine’s Day by sharing why you love Georgia College on Front Campus.
- Gratitude for Giving: This is the largest event we host! Gives students the opportunity to write thank you notes to the donors that help fund their college experience.
We are looking for student leaders who are interested in further developing this organization at Georgia College. Apply online today.
For more information, email: email@example.com.
FAQs About SAC
Do you have any more questions about the SAC? Let’s see if we can answer them.
Who can apply?
The Student Alumni Council is looking to add members to our organization. We are looking for determined, eager and hard-working students. All ages, class years and majors are encouraged to apply.
What does the selection process entail?
The first step of the process is to complete the application. Following the review of applicants, possible candidates will be called in for interviews. Students not receiving an interview will be notified as well.
How often does the SAC meet?
The Student Alumni Council normally meets on a bimonthly basis. However, students will also be required to attend a portion of Alumni events and programs happening throughout the year, on both weekdays and weekends.
How does the Student Alumni Council measure a member’s participation?
The SAC follows a point system to record each member’s participation. Members are required to earn 10 points throughout the semester. Points are earned by attending meetings, events, programs and taking on projects. Members are not required (although they are strongly encouraged) to attend every event; they are only required to earn enough points to maintain membership.