Parking and Transportation Services provides routine campus shuttle services, bus charters, and vehicle rentals for student organizations and university departments.
Parking and Transportation Services operates a routine campus shuttle service for university students, employees, and guests. Shuttles are equipped with wheelchair lifts, bicycle racks, and Wi-Fi.
The shuttle service runs seven days a week during fall and spring semesters while school is in session, and a modified schedule during summer semester. Shuttles do not run during some holidays, breaks, and intersession periods. No Service days are identified in the Shuttle Schedule below.
Live Shuttle Map
You can track our shuttles in real time by downloading the TransLoc Rider live shuttle map app at one of the app stores below. Shuttles, routes, stops, and estimated wait times are displayed in the app.
Your safety is our primary concern. Our drivers are fully-trained, licensed, professional bus operators, and they take pride in their ability to safely get you where you are going. You can help by following these safety tips:
- Stay back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Be ready to get on/off the bus when it stops. Drivers will not open the doors once they begin to enter traffic.
- Cross the street at a nearby crosswalk after getting off the bus. Unlike a school bus there is not a mandatory requirement for vehicles to stop behind the campus shuttles.
- Do not walk between two stopped buses.
- Do not ask a driver to let you off at locations that are not identified as stops. Drivers will load and unload at bus stops only.
- Be patient. Buses have a maximum capacity load and drivers may ask riders at a stop to wait for the next bus if they are at their limit.
Parking and Transportation Services provides a bus charter service for student organizations and university departments.
Rates and Quotes
Rates are based on the mileage, duration, and fuel consumption of a trip, and are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure competitive prices are offered to the Georgia College community. Please click on the Request a Quote button to get a price estimate for your trip.
Buses ranging from 22-passenger shuttles to 56-passenger motor coaches are available upon request. Bus capacities and features vary. Please see the chart below to determine which bus meets your needs. Email email@example.com if you have questions about any of the buses or would like assistance selecting a bus for your trip.
Click on the Charter a Bus button below to charter your bus today!
Confirmation and Payment
You will receive a charter confirmation via email upon submission of the request and again when the request has been fulfilled. You will be invoiced via email upon completion of the trip, and may pay with a department account number through internal transfer or with a card, check, or cash. No pre-trip deposit is necessary. Payment in full is requested within two weeks of the conclusion of the trip.
Click on the Check a Charter Status button to view the status of a charter request.
Additional Charter Information
- Charter operations rates use a $3/gallon baseline fuel rate, but actual rates vary based on real time fuel prices.
- A flat driver rate of $22/hour is applied to all charters. The minimum day rate for a driver is $176/day while out of town (8 hours/day).
- A flat daily rate of $60/day for motor coaches and $50/day for shuttle buses will be applied to all non-travel days on multi-day charters.
- A flat Wi-Fi rate of $25/day will be applied to all non-local charters.
- A flat restroom pump fee of $45/trip will be applied to all charters on which the bus restroom was used.
- Additional miscellaneous expenses (driver hotel and per diem, tolls, parking, etc.) will be included in the final bill.
- Local charters are considered to be those whose destinations are within 45 miles of Georgia College.
- Local day charter trips are charged a minimum of 3 hours.
- Drivers are limited to 10 hours of actual Drive Time and 15 hours total On Duty time per day.
- Driver On Duty time begins 1 hour prior to scheduled departure and ends 30 minutes after drop off for pre and post trip work.
- Buses are not authorized areas for drivers to accrue Off Duty time.
- Drivers who have accrued at least 8 hours of Off Duty Time in a lodging facility may begin another 15 hour shift.
Parking and Transportation Services provides a vehicle rental service for university employees.
Employees can rent a van, sedan, SUV, or golf cart for university-related business once they pass a Motor Vehicle Report (MVR) and complete the WEX pin registration process.
A WEX card (Wright Express fuel card, comparable to your credit/debit card) is located in the glove compartment of each rental vehicle, and an individually assigned WEX pin (like your credit/debit card pin) is required to use the card to fuel the vehicle. To register for a WEX pin, contact Millie Parke, Manager of Parking and Transportation Operations, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 478-445-8586.
Rates and Quotes
Vehicle rates are listed below. They are reviewed on a regular basis to ensure competitive prices are offered to the Georgia College community. Please feel free to click on the Request a Quote button to get a price estimate for your trip.
* Van, sedan, and SUV rentals are charged a daily rate plus any fuel expenses. Mileage is included in the daily rate.
Vehicle capacities and features vary. Please see the chart below to determine which vehicle meets your needs. Email email@example.com if you have questions about any of the vehicles or would like assistance selecting a vehicle for your trip.
Click on the Rent a Vehicle button below to rent your vehicle today!
Confirmation, Payment, and Pick Up
You will receive a rental confirmation via email upon submission of the request and again when the request has been fulfilled. You will be invoiced via email upon completion of the trip, and may pay with a department account number through internal transfer or with a card, check, or cash. No pre-trip deposit is necessary. Payment in full is requested within two weeks of the conclusion of the trip.
You should plan to pick up and return the rental vehicle from the N. Irwin St. parking lot (lot #28). You may leave your vehicle in the N. Irwin St. parking lot while you are on your trip. You may park in this lot with any valid GC parking permit (Employee, Perimeter, Resident, or Commuter).
You may pick up the keys to the rental vehicle 1) at the Parking and Transportation Services office at The Depot at 610 W. Greene St. during regularly scheduled office hours, or 2) from a lockbox inside the N. Irwin St. parking lot shuttle stop. Keys to rented vehicles can be picked up at the P&T office after 4PM the day before departure without an additional charge. If you plan to pick up the keys before or after regularly scheduled office hours, or if you would simply prefer to retrieve the keys from the lockbox to save you a trip to our office, please select the lockbox option in the rental request. A lockbox combination will be shared with you via email.
Click on the Check a Rental Status button to view the status of a rental request.
Additional Rental Information
In case of an emergency please contact Millie Parke at 478-919-6963 or the Parking and Transportation Services office at 478-445-7433, as well as refer to directions in packet located in the glove box related to accidents and flat tires.