DOUBLE BOBCATS: THE INTERSECTION OF ONLINE EXCELLENCE & ON-CAMPUS MENTORSHIP
Step into a transformative learning experience with the Double Bobcats program. Delve into online asynchronous graduate courses while relishing the direct support and mentorship of our on-campus faculty.
WHY CHOOSE TO BE A DOUBLE BOBCAT?
- Financial Empowerment: The HOPE Scholarship has your back, covering 40% of your graduate program. That's four out of ten graduate classes without breaking the bank!
- Balanced Learning: Dive into asynchronous graduate courses and stay anchored with weekly office hours at 7:30 pm.
- On-Campus Guidance: Our esteemed faculty, besides teaching online, are available on campus. They’re keen to provide insights, support, and share a cup of coffee as you navigate your academic journey.
JOINING DOUBLE BOBCATS
- Eligibility First: Complete a minimum of one 3000-level CBIS course and maintain an institutional GPA of 3.4 or above.
- Tailored Course Strategy: Engage with academic advisors to choose the best mix of undergraduate and online graduate courses.
- Your Pace, Our Platform: Students commonly enroll in one course during their junior year, followed by two courses in the fall of their senior year, and another course in the spring. Upon graduation, they take two courses each semester for a year to finish the program. Throughout their final year in the graduate program, students often work full-time in the industry, attending classes in the evenings to complete their studies.
- Apply at the start of Junior Year: Please complete the brief application to gain admission into the program. This straightforward form allows us to verify your GPA and notify the Registrar's office of your intent to join the program.
FROM OUR DOUBLE BOBCATS
"With the Double Bobcats Initiative, I’m redefining my academic boundaries. The mix of online flexibility and on-campus guidance is unparalleled!" - Michael Head, Class of 2023
EMBARK ON THE DOUBLE BOBCAT JOURNEY
Yearning for a transformative academic experience that intertwines the best of online and on-campus worlds?
- Which 3000-level CBIS courses qualify for the Double Bobcats eligibility? We suggest starting with CBIS 3213 – Introduction to IT. Alternatively, you can opt for CBIS 3210 – Business Analysis. Both courses serve as excellent introductory choices.
- Is the 3.4 GPA requirement only based on CBIS courses or overall coursework? The required GPA of 3.4 refers to your institutional GPA. If you're new to Georgia College, please consult your advisor for the Double Bobcats program's admission criteria.
- How can I ensure I maintain my GPA while balancing both undergraduate and graduate courses? Even though the courses are graduate-level, they don't require any prerequisite knowledge. Many students discover that collaborating with fellow Double Bobcats is both enjoyable and beneficial in this unique learning setting.