- Accredited, Affordable, Convenient
- Rapid Completion, 30-hour program
- 40+ years delivering logistics/supply chain education
Why choose a master’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management at Georgia College?
- Georgia College is home to the State of Georgia’s oldest logistics program (40+ years) and has recently updated the curriculum and expanded the flexibility of this program to meet the increased demand for logistics education in the state by introducing an online program.
- By 2016, the U.S. will need a million more logistics workers but will be 800,000 short, according to the U.S. Department of Labor. Beyond the million-plus jobs in the U.S., there are vast opportunities within this industry as logistics growth in Georgia is expected to outpace the national average by 5% and will triple the Southeast average.
- Logistics is a $15-billion industry in Georgia and has been identified as a “solid cornerstone of Georgia’s competiveness” (Georgia Trend 2013).
- Nationally, the U.S. Department of Labor estimates that logistics jobs will increase by 25.5% (27,800 jobs) from 2010 to 2020 but there will be a shortage of qualified logistics workers by 2016.
- For those interested in advancing a long-term career in this rapidly growing industry, the Master of Logistics and Supply Chain Management degree at Georgia College will provide the tools for individuals to be competitive in this high-growth job market.
- In addition, a master’s degree in Logistics and Supply Chain Management can mean a 17% increase in salary over a bachelor’s degree (2011 DC Velocity Salary Survey).
Required Foundation Course
Core Classes (21 Hours)
LOGS 6634 Supply Chain Management Strategy
LOGS 6647 Logistics Processes & Management
LOGS 6649 Logistics Quantitative Methods
LOGS 6650 Purchasing & Materials Management
LOGS 6653 International Trade & the Logistics Environment
LOGS 6654 Distribution & Inventory Control
LOGS 6690 Supply Chain/Logistics Leadership
Electives (9 Hours)
LENB 6960 Commercial Law, Regulation, and Corporate Social Responsibility
MGMT 6970 Strategic Operations Management
MMIS 6393 Information Technology Project Management
ACCT 6900 Integrated Accounting for Decision Makers
MMIS 6198 Introduction to Enterprise Systems
LOGS 6950 - Special Topics
Total: 30 Semester Hours
The MLSCM is a cohort-based program with two courses offered each semester in a lock-step sequence.
A new cohort is accepted each fall semester.
Graduate Program Rankings
- Top 5 Online Masters in Supply Chain Management Degrees ~ BestColleges.com
- Top 10 Online Masters in Supply Chain Management Degrees ~ TheBestSchools.Org
- Experience Georgia's Oldest Logistics Program - 40 YEARS AND COUNTING
Graduate Programs in Business
Atkinson Hall 215 | Campus Box 19
Milledgeville, GA 31061
Phone: (478) 445-5115
Fax: (478) 445-5249