Instructions for filing a complaint with our regional accreditor, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS):
- Complete the Commission's Complaint Form and send two print copies to:
President, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges
1866 Southern Lane
Decatur, GA 30033-4097
To access the Commission's complaint policy, procedures, and the Complaint Form, please see Complaint Procedures Against the Commission or Its Accredited Institutions.
- Please read the document carefully before submitting a complaint. Note that the complaint policy only addresses significant, documented, alleged non-compliance with the SACSCOC accreditation standards, policies or procedures.
- Complainants are expected to have attempted to resolve the issue through the institution's complaint processes before filing a complaint with SACSCOC.
- The SACSCOC complaint process is not intended to be used to involve the Commission in disputes between individuals and member institutions or to cause the Commission to interpose itself as a reviewing authority in individual matters; nor does the policy allow the Commission to seek redress on an individual's behalf.
- The primary purpose of the SACSCOC complaint procedure is to acquire valuable information regarding an accredited institution's possible non-compliance with accreditation standards, policies and procedures rather than to resolve individual disputes.
- Complaints must be tied to specific standard numbers from The Principles of Accreditation: Foundations for Quality Enhancement.
Federal Financial Aid and other federal obligations
Instructions for filing a complaint with the U.S. Department of Education in regard to Title IV (financial aid, civil rights violations or discrimination) can be found at the US Dept of Education Office of Civil Rights.