New Mental Health Resources for Students
The University System of Georgia has launched a program for all campuses to expand campus mental health resources. In addition to Georgia College's Counseling Services department, which is still here for you just like always, a new mental health support program, called GC Mental Health is now available. With GC Mental Health, here’s what you get:
- A 24/7/365 mental health support line for in-the-moment support and linkages to next steps, regardless of time of day or your location. Call us anytime, anyplace at 833-855-0085.
- No cost Telehealth and in-person treatment sessions provided by a diverse network of licensed mental health clinicians. To learn about your options just call us at 833-855-0085.
- Virtual Psychiatric Clinics to offer assessment and medication management. To learn about your options just call us at 833-855-0085.
- Personal Student Navigators to assist with referral coordination and support.
- A Self-directed iCBT program designed exclusively for students. To get access to this program please contact the 24/7 support line at 833-855-0085 or GC Counseling Services at 478-445-5331.
- “The Wellness Hub” which includes an App and an online wellness magazine with educational content, self-help tools and resource links. To access the www.gcwellnesshub.com or download the app in the Apple Store or Google Play.
24/7 Support Line
Through our partner Christie Campus Health, GC is able to provides students with 24/7 access to mental health professionals. Students with immediate needs can call 833 855 0085 and be connected with licensed clinicians for in-the-moment and ongoing support at no cost.
The new GC Wellness Hub provides articles and resources on a variety of issues such as mental health, study tips, nutrition, fitness, sleep habits and more. These resources are free to GC students and are available 24/7.
The GC Wellness Hub is also available as an app you can download to your smart device.
Counseling Services provides in person and Telehealth appointments. If you would like to schedule an appointment call 478 445 5331, email us at email@example.com, or if you already have a relationship with a counselor, email your counselor directly.
Students are also encouraged to access self-help resources through our free online library of engaging, interactive programs for support with anxiety, depression, insomnia, communication and more. Sign up or sign in here with your Bobcats email.
If you are concerned about the wellbeing of any GC student for any reason, you can contact the CARE Team. Anyone at risk for acting on thoughts of harming themselves or others, should seek help immediately by calling Public Safety at 478 445-4400.