The International Education Center offers information about a number of international professional development opportunities, including Fulbright Scholars, academic conferences, publishing possibilities, and more, as they become known to the Center.
The following are some of the opportunities currently available.
Calls for Papers/Submissions
1) Call for Submissions: Researchers, professionals, faculty, policy-makers, and others within international education are invited to submit for consideration abstracts of chapters to be included in a volume with the working title of Curriculum Theory and Pedagogy for Student Mobility: Research and Practice in International Higher Education. The volume will examine how curriculum theory within different social, political, and cultural contexts can be actuated to advance equity and diversity, plus supportive and inclusive outcomes in international student education. Intended to present a holistic interdisciplinary landscape of the field, and drawing upon the expertise of contributors from varied backgrounds, identities, fields, and positionalities, the assembled chapters will elucidate contemporary curriculum theory and its foundations and uses, and analyze its potential in international education. This collected edition will bring together original research and innovative practices in curriculum design and teaching, plus academic advising/guidance and practices, to meet the needs of international students enrolled in undergraduate and/or graduate programs. The goal: bridge the gap between theory and action concerning international student education research and practice.
Abstracts are due January 15, 2022 (Deadline extended).
- Download pdf of complete call, with details and timelines (Link opens in new window), here
2) Call for Papers: 17th International Conference on the Arts in Society (Spain). July 4-6, 2022.
- 2022 Special Focus - History/Histories: From the Limits of Representation to the Boundaries of Narrative.
- Information (Link opens in new window) link.
About the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program
The Fulbright Scholar Program offers many diverse opportunities throughout the globe for U.S. academics, administrators, and professionals to teach, conduct research, undertake professional projects, and attend seminars abroad.
For information about the many types of programs available under Fulbright, kindly visit (link opens in new window) https://cies.org/us-scholar-awards
- The 2023-2024 Fulbright U.S,. Scholars Program competition will open in February of 2022. News will be posted here as it becomes available.
- GC Fulbright Scholar Program liaison: James Callaghan.
Upcoming Fulbright-Related Webinars (Links open in new windows)
Fulbright International Education Administrators Program: Opportunities in Germany
Fulbright International Education Administrators Program: Opportunities in France
For a full list of webinars, visit the webinar schedule.
Find conferences being held throughout the world by discipline or location from (Link opens in new window) CONAL.