Georgia College’s employment policy currently considers all candidates for employment, including international residents. The Office of Legal Affairs serves as the university’s liaison with federal agencies regarding employment-related immigration matters. It is our commitment to the university administrators, faculty, and staff to provide a more centralized immigration and visa-sponsorship service.
Our primary immigration activities center around:
- Service and support of GC sponsored non-immigrant visas (primarily H-1B) for full-time faculty and professional staff;
- Service and support of GC sponsored permanent residency;
- Research in support of HR for employment eligibility issues;
- Coordination with the Budget Office in regard to residency status analysis for tax purposes; and
- Evaluation and support of non-immigrant employee issues in coordination with Human Resources, Academic Affairs, and Budget Office.
- Coordinate with Outside Immigration Firm. Fees are listed here.