Parking and Transportation Services operates a routine campus shuttle service for university students, employees, and guests. Shuttles are equipped with wheelchair lifts, bicycle racks, and Wi-Fi.
The campus shuttle generally runs seven days a week during fall and spring semesters while school is in session and a modified schedule during summer semester. Shuttles do not run during some holidays, breaks, and intersession periods. No service and modified service days will be communicated through the Passio GO App.
Your safety is our primary concern. Our drivers are fully-trained, licensed, professional bus operators, and they take pride in their ability to safely get you where you are going. You can help by following these safety tips:
- Stay back from the curb until the bus comes to a complete stop.
- Be ready to get on/off the bus when it stops. Drivers will not open the doors once they begin to enter traffic.
- Be careful when using the steps to get on and off the bus (especially on rainy days), and use the handrails if needed.
- Cross the street at a nearby crosswalk after getting off the bus. Unlike a school bus there is not a mandatory requirement for vehicles to stop behind the campus shuttles.
- Do not walk between two stopped buses.
- Do not ask a driver to let you off at locations that are not identified as stops. Drivers will load and unload at bus stops only.
- Be patient. Buses have a maximum capacity load and drivers may ask riders at a stop to wait for the next bus if they are at their limit.