Georgia College is one of hundreds of institutions nationwide requiring every member of their first year class to complete AlcoholEdu – a non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe. We also promote student health and safety through the use of Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, a program that educates students about the elements of healthy relationships, the importance of sexual consent, and the role of bystanders in creating safe, healthy communities.
AlcoholEdu will open July 6, 2020.
All first-year, incoming Georgia College freshmen for the Fall 2019 semester must complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu by August 12th, 2020.
Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates will open later in the semester. Emails will be sent to your Bobcat email to notify when it is open.
Emails sent to GC student's bobcat accounts will have all of the log on details. Approximately 45 days later, you will receive an automated email indicating that it is time for you to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu. and the final survey.
You must complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu by October 9th, 2020; the date for Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates will be announced later in the semester.
Completion of the full courses is a requirement of your First-Year Academic Seminar. You will have to complete each of the courses with a passing grade on the exam to receive a passing grade in your seminar class.
Tell me more?
AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates offer a confidential, personalized experience for each student.
This online experience includes:
- Alcohol-related content featuring videos and hands-on activities
- Helpful tools, like a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) calculator and map of US laws
- Tools and scenarios to define and promote healthy relationships and help spot the warning signs of abuse
- Skill-building exercises and strategies
- Concise, accessible, engaging (and private) educational platform
What are other GC students saying about AlcoholEdu?
(Freshman class of 2019; 1,1484 students)
- 94% said it helped them establish a plan ahead of time to make responsible decisions about drinking
- 94% said it prepared them to help someone who may have alcohol poisoning
- 92% reported it prepared them to prevent an alcohol overdose
- 73% report that AlcoholEdu changed their perceptions of others’ drinking behavior.
Fall 2020 Freshman Important Dates
- AlcoholEdu opens July 6th, 2020
- Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates will open later in the semester
- The Deadline for completing Part 1 (of AEU) will be August 12th, 2020
- The Deadline for completing Part 2 (of AEU) will be October 9th, 2020
- Deadlines for Sexual Assault Prevention will be announced at a later time.
For More Information visit EverFi’s Web site at www.everfi.com.
Office of Health Promotion
304 Student Activities Center | Campus Box 002
Milledgeville, GA 31061