Georgia College is one of hundreds of institutions nationwide requiring every member of their first year class to complete AlcoholEdu – a non-opinionated, science-based course taken by hundreds of thousands of students each year. Whether or not you drink, AlcoholEdu empowers students to make well-informed decisions and provides some simple strategies to help keep you and your friends safe. We also promote student health and safety through the use of Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates, a program that educates students about the elements of healthy relationships, the importance of sexual consent, and the role of bystanders in creating safe, healthy communities.
AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates will open July 25, 2022.
All first-year, incoming Georgia College freshmen for the Fall 2022 semester must complete Part 1 of AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates by August 12th, 2022.
Emails will be sent to GC student's bobcat accounts and will have all of the log on details. The program can be accessed through GC Unify. After completion of Part 1, approximately 45 days later, you will receive an automated email indicating that it is time for you to complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates and the final survey.
You must complete Part 2 of AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates by October 7th, 2022.
Completion of the full courses is a requirement of your First-Year Academic Seminar. You will have to complete each of the courses with a passing grade on the exam to receive a passing grade in your seminar class.
Tell me more?
AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates offer a confidential, personalized experience for each student.
This online experience includes:
- Alcohol-related content featuring videos and hands-on activities
- Helpful tools, like a Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) calculator and map of US laws
- Tools and scenarios to define and promote healthy relationships and help spot the warning signs of abuse
- Skill-building exercises and strategies
- Concise, accessible, engaging (and private) educational platform
What are other GC students saying about AlcoholEdu?
(Freshman class of 2021; 1,448 students)
- 87% report that AlcoholEdu changed their perceptions of others’ drinking behavior
- 99% said that it prepared them to help someone who may have alcohol poisoning
- 99% reported that the program prepared them to prevent an alcohol overdose
- 99% reported that the program helped them establish a plan ahead of time to make responsible decisions about drinking
Fall 2022 Freshman Important Dates
- AlcoholEdu and Sexual Assault Prevention for Undergraduates opens July 25th, 2022
- The Deadline for completing Part 1 (of AEU and SAPU) will be August 12th, 2022
- The Deadline for completing Part 2 (of AEU) will be October 7th, 2022
For More Information visit EverFi’s Web site at www.everfi.com.
Office of Health Promotion
102B Wellness & Recreation Center | Campus Box 125
Milledgeville, GA 31061