Thank you for visiting Georgia College and for your interest in learning more about the International Education Center. The International Education Center - Georgia College’s global hub - houses:
- The Study Abroad offices, and
- International Student & Scholar Services
Each year, students from an average of thirty different nations study at Georgia College in pursuit of both undergraduate and graduate degrees.
- They love the high quality of GC academics, the personal attention of faculty and staff, and the safety and historical importance of friendly Milledgeville.
Study Abroad: GC students can study most anywhere in the world – over 30 different countries (even Antarctica) for academic credit.
- How long? Programs can be as short as a few weeks on faculty-led programs or as long as a semester or even an entire academic year.
- How many? Nearly 300 GC students study abroad each year.
- How much? Students can use their financial aid and numerous scholarships are available. Study Abroad *is* affordable!
- International's innovative “New Horizons” scholarships are specifically designed to benefit under-represented populations of all types including minorities, students with disabilities, first-gens, and many more.
- What else? We also have numerous exchange program offerings abroad that can further reduce the cost.
Study Abroad's full-color catalog of all its offerings - and complete information - is available just inside the front door.
- Please feel free to come inside and take one home. You are also welcome to ask us questions. C'mon in!
Not quite ready to travel? The International office also offers its internationally-noted “Border-Free GC” program.
- Border-Free GC leverages the online environment to provide students with several categories of international participation and experience without any need for travel.
Additionally, International is the home of the International Club, open to both domestic and international students.
- The club is one of the biggest and most active student organizations on campus and sponsors and creates internationally themed programs and events popular on campus.
- The club’s annual International Dinner, in fact, is a major highlight of the GC and Milledgeville social calendar.
Finally, be sure to read a recent issue of International's "GC Global" newsletter.
- Designed by GC Mass Comm students, it's read on six continents!
Thank you, again, for visiting Georgia College and the International Education Center.
- We look forward to speaking with you about all the Center - and Georgia College - has to offer.