General Rules and Expectations
- All individuals exercise at their own risk. If assistance is needed, the Fitness Assistant is available to provide basic assistance and instruction on the proper use of equipment. The dress code must be followed at all times. All personal belongings must be stored in the cubbies – no gym bags, jackets, backpacks, or any large personal items are permitted on the fitness floor. Water and sports drinks in sealable containers are the only beverages allowed, and no food is allowed.
- Participants must wipe down equipment after use with the disinfectant wipes located around the fitness floor. Equipment should be placed back in its proper location prior to use.
- If you experience lightheadedness, dizziness, nausea, or any other discomfort, discontinue your workout and seek help immediately. Report any injuries, damage to equipment, and issues with facilities to the Fitness Assistant or nearest staff member.
- Participants should be considerate of other users at all times. This includes, but is not limited to, respecting the equipment, facilities, and staff at all times, keeping walkways clear, limiting extended time on one machine, limiting phone usage while working out, and limiting excessive socializing or group congregation.
- Chalk, power, spray adhesive, or any other substance for powerlifting is not permitted on the fitness floor. Collars and locks must be used on all free-weight bars during use. Do not drop, slam, or lean weights against walls, mirrors, benches, or equipment. It is always recommended to use a spotter at all press stations.
View the WRC User Policies and Guidelines Handbook. All patrons are responsible for knowing and following the policies and guidelines stated in the handbook.
The Powerlifting platform is available for students to provide a protected place to drop heavily loaded barbells on the ground. This style of training is most commonly seen in Olympic-style lifting. The Platform is open to anyone with a WRC membership. In order to use it, you must check in with the Fitness Assistant and fill out the waiver below.
All rules must be adhered to at all times. Failure to adhere to the rules may result in suspension from the Powerlifting platform.
Powerlifting Platform Rules and Guidelines:
- Only authorized members may use the platform. You become authorized by signing the waiver and reading all policies.
- You must check in with the Fitness Assistant before using the platform.
- Only front squats, deadlifts, and cleans are allowed on the platform. No other exercises are permitted.
- Only 2 persons are allowed on the platform at any given time. One partner permitted per platform user. Partners must remain off the platform.
- There is a 30-minute time limit per person.
- Bumper plates and Olympic bars must ONLY be used on the Powerlifting platform. Collars must be used at all times.
- Chalk is not permitted on the Fitness Floor at any time.
- Closed-toe shoes must be worn at all times.
Please see the Fitness Assistant on the Fitness Floor if you have any questions.
Group Fitness Studio/Classes
The group fitness studio is home to our group fitness classes. The studio may be used outside of class time by checking in/out with the fitness assistant on duty.
- All group fitness equipment is to remain in the Group Fitness Studio and stored properly.
- No food is allowed in the studio. Drinks must be in sealable containers. The dress code must be followed. Mobile devices are not permitted during class time.
- Arrive to class at least 5 minutes prior to the scheduled class time to check in and get set up. Some classes have limited spots available, so be sure to check in early. Please let the instructor know about any concerns/health conditions if necessary. Report all injuries immediately. All instructor-specific rules must be followed, failure to do so may result in being asked to leave the class.
Group fitness schedule
Follow our Instagram to stay up to date about any changes to the group fitness schedule.
Current classes offered
Total Body Fusion
- The track is intended for walking/running use only. Lunges, plyometrics or any activity that obstructs the flow of traffic are not permitted
- Stretching and warm up exercises are to occur in the designated areas only.
- Only non-marking, closed-toe, athletic shoes are allowed. Spikes, turf shoes, cleats and hard-sole shoes are not allowed.
- See track direction signs for daily direction of travel.
- The Jogging/Running lanes are the 2 inside lanes. The Walking lane is the 1 outside lane.
- Give right of way to people passing on the track.
- 10 laps equals 1 mile.
- The track is not an observation area for courts below. No one is allowed to stand on or block any lanes of the track.