OPENING DOORS TO strategic communication, digital media, and journalism
Students engage with a versatile and marketable curriculum in mass communication. A mass communication major provides students with information and guidance to master the practical and theoretical applications of media. As a student in the mass communication program, you will develop skills in digital media, editing, presentation, content creation, production, data analysis, written communication, and more.
Key Benefits of this Degree
- Mass Communication majors are required to complete an internship and two on-campus practicums. These practical experiences give students continuous opportunities to garner exceptional writing and storytelling skills across media platforms.
- As a student in our program, you'll have access to state-of-the-art TV and podcast studios, as well as the ability to check out equipment such as DSLR and mirrorless cameras, GoPros and other equipment.
- Network with other students by joining one of our student media organizations.
- Work closely with faculty members for continuous mentoring inside and outside of the classrooms. Our faculty also assist students with their final portfolios—allowing students to be career ready.
- The Mass Communication major also allows students to customize their education by pursuing a Documentary Studies Certificate, which is awarded in conjunction with the bachelor's degree.
What can my career look like with this degree?
Learning new perspectives in journalism
Mass Communication students learn about media and life in Denmark.
See our Magazine
View the latest issue of The Lynx, the Department of Communication's alumni magazine.
THE DEPARTMENT OF COMMUNICATION IS A PROUD MEMBER OF THE FOLLOWING
- National Communication Association
- Southern States Communication Association
- Georgia Communication Association
- Georgia Broadcasters Association
- Broadcast Education Association
- Public Relations Student Society of America