Passionate. Personalized. GC Music.
Donations to the Friends of Music provide music majors with scholarships, musical ensemble members with financial assistance for travel and tours, and the music department with support to pursue our goals for the betterment of our students, the profession, and the community. In the same way as we are passionate and personalized with our students, we ask you to follow your passion in terms of personalizing your contribution. With that in mind, your tax-deductible donation payable to the GCSU Foundation, Inc. will be applied as you wish according to the designated music areas below.
- Music Scholarships: your gift will provide scholarships for music majors.
- Music Foundation: your gift will be put toward establishing the Center for Music Education or other departmental endeavors to benefit students, faculty, and alumni.
- Performing Areas:
- Band: your gift will help students finance their study abroad experience with the Jazz Band to the Czech Republic in 2019
- Choral: your gift will help Max Noah Singers travel to Carnegie Hall in May 2018
- Piano: your gift will help support talented piano majors
- Strings: your gift will help support string students and build the orchestra program
- Or, if you would like to explore other ways your gift might support our endeavors, please feel free to schedule an appointment with us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by phone at 478-445-8289.
Please make checks payable to GCSU Foundation, Inc. with your designated music area(s) written in the memo and send to the below address. If you would like to make an online donation, please click here. Once there, choose "Other" in the designation drop-down menu and type whichever designated music area(s) you prefer in the “Other” box.
Department of Music
Campus Box 66
Milledgeville, GA 31061
FRIENDS OF MUSIC GIFT CATEGORIES
Upon receipt of your gift, you will be thanked on our departmental Facebook page and your name will be included on future concert programs for one year.