Providing one-on-one guidance from expert artists to achieve your musical dreams
The Bachelor of Arts in Music at GCSU provides a flexible program that can help any student achieve their dreams. With our music education minor, you can launch a career as a music educator. With our creative music media minor, you can become a composer of work in music technology. In addition, the BA in Music can lead to careers as a performer, music industry specialist, and so much more! All of this is made easier by the one-on-one attention from our expert faculty.
Key Benefits of this Degree
- Our curriculum is a multidisciplinary approach that embraces performance, academic areas of music, music technology, and more.
- The BA in Music can lead to careers as a performer, music industry specialist, and so much more!
- Receive one-on-one guidance by nationally-recognized faculty.
What can my career look like with this degree?
‘Choral Day’ turns singers into believers
Georgia College & State University’s annual “High School Choral Day” is all about fellowship, collaboration, good music—and a little recruitment too.
Career Paths for Music Majors
COMMON CAREER PATHS FOR MUSIC MAJORS
- Educator (K-12, college, university, conservatory, religious organizations, private studio)
- Band director/choir Director (K-12, college, military, sports)
- Accompanist (public and private schools, music schools and performing arts camps; religious centers and schools; dance rehearsals and performances)
- Performer (Vocal and instrumental soloist, session musician, orchestra/band/group member, background vocalist or instrumentalist, performing artist, show band. Venues may include business meetings, conferences, cruise ships, weddings, hotels, restaurants, clubs, religious events, orchestral contractor.)
- Arts Administrator/Arts Management (includes box office, concert series, programming house manager)
- Film Scoring (Composing, editing, supervising, arranging/adapting, mixing, conducting, orchestrating, synthesis specialist, theme specialist)
- Electronic production and design (including audio engineering, mastering, mixing, music directing, producing, program directing, programming, recording engineer, sound engineer, studio manager, MIDI technician)
- Music Industry (Sales & Service, Instrument Repair, builder and designer, Instrument company or music store (owner, manager, sales)
- Music Business/ Industry (Music Publishing, Licensing , copyright law and royalities, touring, artist management, record label operations, media relations, marketing and distribution expertise
- Military Music career (Performer arranger, touring while serving country)
- Music for Game Development
- Song Producer/Songwriter (including composer, lyricist, producer; jingle writing for television, radio and internet; freelance work; librettist)
- Summer Camp Music Director/Staff
See Our Newsletter
Learn more about the Department of Music.
Georgia College & State University is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music.