Prepare to become an economist ready for successful careers
Our Economics program focuses on developing analytical reasoning, quantitative skills, and communication skills.
Key Benefits of this Degree
- Our two-course senior capstone strengthens our majors' quantitative and communication skills with an original research paper that uses advanced statistical analysis.
- The major is designed to enable a smooth transition to graduate school with over 37 graduates being accepted in the last 10 years.
- Our program focuses on practical, applied economics to prepare graduates to work with statistical software and perform modern, relevant data analysis.
- Our award-winning and dedicated faculty consistently engage in undergraduate research with our students, helping them win international awards.
What can my career look like with this degree?
Economics undergraduate conducts unique research
Through MURACE funding, Maxwell Harley was awarded a $2,500 grant to pursue his research about the importance of secondary markets in balancing supply and demand.
Career Paths for Economics Majors
Career and graduate degrees for economics majors who graduated between 2020-2021 (listed from oldest to most recent):
- Tax associate at Asset & Wealth Mgmt (Atlanta); has MAcc from GA State
- Graduate program for economics at GA State
- Research director and analyst at Outland Labs (Houston)
- Client service specialist at Mercer Advisors (Atlanta)
- Law school at Arizona State University
- PhD program at Emory University
- Law school at University of Wyoming
- Outside sales rep at Lansing Building Products (Atlanta)
- Sample Handling Assistant at Covance (Indianapolis)
- Senior Analyst at Inspire Brands (Atlanta)
- Marketing Coordinator at Arbor Pharmaceuticals (Alpharetta)
- Loan Officer at Coastal Area District Development Authority (Brunswick)
- MBA with concentration in HR Mgmt at Georgia State
- Senior Selection Manager at Lead for America (Philadelphia)
- Econ PhD program at University of Wyoming
- Profit Analyst at Insight Global (Atlanta)
- Sales Development Rep at CompliancePoint (Atlanta)
- Market Research Analyst at SKIM (Atlanta)
- Econ master’s program at Boston College
- Associate Analyst at WestRock Company (Atlanta)
- Lead for America Fellow (Atlanta)
- Financial Aid Analyst at Guidehouse (Atlanta)
- Member Services Rep at CGR Credit Union (Macon)
- Financial Analyst at Central Garden and Pet (Madison)
- Group Sales Coordinator at Sonder (Denver)
- Client Associate at Rockefeller Capital Management (Atlanta)
- Associate Consultant at Mather Economics (Atlanta)
- Data Analyst at Inspire Brands (Atlanta)
- Masters of Finance program at GA State
- Strategic Accounts at Snowflake Data (Atlanta)
- Boren Scholar (Tanzania)