Please consider a gift to Georgia College's Global Scholars Fund.
As Georgia's state-designated public liberal arts university, Georgia College is committed to the development of all students as informed global citizens serving the many current needs of our world, while also anticipating its future needs.
The Global Scholars Fund was established in 2002 by an anonymous donor for the purpose of providing financial assistance to deserving international students. Through the generous continued outpouring of support from our community, the Global Scholars Fund now totals more than $100,000.
- Scholarships from the Global Scholars Fund - and the Annual International Fund - enable dozens of deserving students each year to come to Georgia College and historic Milledgeville.
Equipped with the excellent education that they receive from our exceptional faculty – and the caring support of the university’s staff and administration, plus our warm and welcoming community – these students leave Georgia College genuinely prepared for success in our global economy, ready to become global leaders prepared to negotiate disruption and ambiguity in a world where change outpaces planning, and to create solutions to the many pressing problems that face the world each day.
- That the funding for these scholarships comes from our community makes them unique among scholarships of this type and all that more valuable to our students who appreciate not only the generosity of our donors, but also the genuine gesture of welcome and support that the scholarships vividly represent.
Each year, the university is privileged to host over 100 student-scholars from around the globe; students whose intelligence, skills, creativity, rich personal histories and valuable perspectives greatly enrich our campus, the community and our region. Enthusiastic and passionate about the promotion of knowledge, global skills, and mutual understanding, Georgia College's international students diversify our classrooms, share their cultures through presentations to both student and community groups, donate valuable community service hours to local schools and charities, and organize and coordinate on-campus programmatic activities including the university's International Day program held each fall, as well as the annual International Dinner Gala.
A highly-anticipated fixture each year of both the university and local community calendars, the very popular International Dinner is made possible through the collaborative efforts of Georgia College's International Club, the International Education Center, and the Office of University Advancement. Boasting an annual membership well in excess of 100 members - making it one of the largest student clubs on campus - the International Club includes dozens of globally-minded domestic students who wish - inspired, in many cases, by their study abroad experiences - to promote diversity, culture, and cross-cultural awareness, communication and understanding. .
Your gift to the Global Scholars Fund is a direct investment in the future.
- Note: Georgia College employees may give to the Fund through payroll deduction. Payroll deduction forms are available through the University Foundation. All gifts to the GC Foundation are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
To join the growing community supporting the goals of international education at Georgia College, kindly click here or complete the Contribution Form below and send it to:
International Education Center
Campus Box 49
Milledgeville, GA, 31061
- Consider joining our Connections program.
- Contact the International Education Center (478-445-4789) for complete information.