We're here to support you as you begin your leadership journey. We look forward to getting to know you and learning with you across the coming years. If you have any questions, need support, or would like to discuss options, please reach out to us.
We look forward to beginning your leadership journey soon!
Frequently Asked Questions
When should I register?
To secure your place in the Leadership Academy, we encourage you to register as soon as possible. The standard registration deadline is August 6th.
Is the Leadership Academy right for me?
We welcome any Georgia College student into the Leadership Academy. No particular background or experience is required, and we invite students from any major or professional path. This is your opportunity to learn about and practice your leadership. It's not the case that you either have leadership skills or you don't; leadership can be learned. You simply need the desire to learn, a passion for your work, and the willingness to put in the effort. We'd love to talk with you in more detail to answer any questions you might have.
How time-intensive is the Leadership Academy?
We recommend that you commit about 45 to 60 minutes per week to the Leadership Academy--some a little more, some weeks a little less. Leadership Academy opportunities are plentiful and designed to meet your schedule. They will present you with so many opportunities, and you'll seldom do the same thing twice. Across your eight months in the Leadership Academy, you might:
- Enjoy a one-on-one personalized leadership consultation.
- Participate in one of our signature workshops, whether on or off-campus.
- Practice your leadership in the Milledgeville community or around the state.
- Have coffee with a visiting executive.
- Travel to Atlanta for a meeting with elected officials.
- Meet a Leadership Facilitator for lunch.
Will I receive course credit?
The Leadership Academy doesn't require you to enroll in any particular courses and doesn't bill your tuition or cost HOPE or Zell hours. If you're looking for an academic experience, consider Georgia College's Leadership Certificate Program. Successful completion of the Leadership Academy prequalifies you for admission to the Leadership Certificate Program.
How much will the Leadership Academy cost?
The program fee for the Leadership Academy is only $95. All program expenses and materials are included in that fee, as well as:
- CliftonStrengths for Students assessment, interpreted by a Gallup® Certified Strengths Coach.
- Personalized comprehensive leadership profile and regular one-on-one consulting.
- Customized leadership-development plan and learning experiences based on your leadership profile.
- Leadership Academy t-shirt and other GC spirit wear.
- Exclusive access to leadership luncheons and dinners with distinguished guests.
- Signature retreats, travel, conferences, and site visits across Georgia.
- Exclusive access to online leadership-development toolkit and resources.
Are there scholarships available?
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, each year, we offer up to twenty fully funded scholarships for Leadership Academy registration. To apply for a scholarship, please review the information here and complete your application online.
Who teaches and facilitates the Leadership Academy?
A team of talented, committed faculty and staff support the Leadership Academy. In just your first weeks on campus, you'll get to know and build relationships with the people who will guide and support you across your four years at Georgia College. A program coordinator manages the Leadership Academy and supports a team of twenty Leadership Facilitators who provide consultations and direct support to you.
How do I choose a pathway?
You may already know which pathway is right for you. Or maybe you'd like to talk through your ideas with one of our Leadership Facilitators. We'll work with you to identify possible paths to your leadership destination. We'll help you interpret your individual leadership profile and make decisions about the next steps in your journey.
What information can I share with my parents and family?
Thanks to the generous support of our donors, each year, we offer up to twenty fully funded scholarships for Leadership Academy registration. To be eligible to apply, you must:
- Have completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA®), and
- Be eligible for the Federal Pell Grant.
For further information about the FAFSA® and Pell, please contact the Georgia College Office of Financial Aid.