The Wellness and Recreation Center was built in 2011 as a LEED Certified Building. The 100,000 square foot building is home to three Georgia College departments: Wellness and Recreation, Student Health Services and Counseling Services.
The Department of Wellness and Recreation offers wellness, fitness, intramural and club sports programming. The building is available for use by currently enrolled Georgia College students who pay the appropriate building and health fees.
Non-fee paying GC students, Full-time benefit eligible GC faculty and staff, GC retirees & alumni, and area community members over the age of 18 years are eligible to purchase memberships. See our Membership page for details.
On the Main Level:
- 2 Traditional Courts + 1 Multi-Purpose Court
- 29' Indoor Climbing Wall
- Intramural/Club Sports and WRC Administrative Offices
- Lobby with Social Areas, Vending & Restrooms
- Member Services Desk
- Locker Rooms
- Aquatic Center
- Elevator Access
- Access to Student Health Services
On the Upper Level:
- Strength, Resistance & Cardio Equipment
- Indoor Track
- Stretching & Core Areas
- Group Fitness Studio
- Offices for Fitness Administration, Outdoor Education Director/Lecturer and Personal Training
- Stadium Seating for Aquatic Center
- Access to Counseling Services
- Intramural and Club Sports Fields including Multi-Purpose Fields for flag football, soccer, lacrosse, rugby and more; Tennis Courts; Softball/Baseball Fields; Ultimate Frisbee Course.
General Policies and Procedures
View the WRC User Policies and Guidelines Handbook. All patrons are responsible for knowing and following the policies and guidelines stated in the handbook.
- GC students must check-in to the WRC using their Bobcat ID card.
- General Dress Code guidelines include wearing well fitting and activity appropriate athletic attire in the fitness and activity areas of the Wellness Center, including shirts, pants/shorts, and athletic shoes with closed toe and heel. Swimwear is required in pools, and clothing must be worn over swimwear outside of the aquatic areas. Avoid wearing footwear or clothing which can cause damage to floors or equipment, has offensive language or images.
- Non-GC Student users must be age 18 or over.
- Sports drinks and water in resealable containers are allowed on courts and fitness floor. Food is not allowed on courts or fitness floor.
- All bags and personal items must be stored in cubbies, day-use, rented or wallet lockers.
- The WRC is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Report all missing or stolen items to a staff member as soon as possible.
WRC Users are responsible for knowing and adhering to all policies and procedures. Please take time to review the information provided in the link above.
- Each student has 4 free guest passes to use during their time at Georgia College. All guests must be at least 18 and present a valid ID upon check-in. To use one of your guest passes, notify the front desk upon arrival at the Wellness Center.
- Students are responsible for ensuring their guest acts appropriately and follows all WRC policies. Students must remain in the facility with their guest.
- Once you have used all 4 of your guest passes, you are still able to bring guests. They will have to pay a $10 day-pass fee.
- Guests are allowed use of any WRC features during their visit and must follow all policies and procedures.
Use of the WRC is considered a privilege. Mature and respectful conduct is expected and always required. WRC Staff reserve the right to remove any member or guest from the area if they exhibit behavior that is believed to be unsafe or inappropriate. Failure to comply with requests of the staff may also result in the suspension of facility privileges.