American Red Cross Training
The WRC periodically offers American Red Cross Training and Certification for GCSU Students, Faculty and Staff. Contact us to schedule a training for your department, staff, RSO, or friend group! Available courses include Lifeguarding, Adult & Pediatric First Aid, CPR/AED, Bloodborne Pathogens, Responding to Emergencies. For more information, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Adult & Pediatric First Aid/CPR/AED Course - GCSU Students Only
This blended learning course (online and in person) is being offered to current GCSU students. Course work is completed online, followed by an in person skills session. Upon successful completion participants will receive 2-year certification. To begin choose the date for your In Person Skills Session and Register on our web portal. You will receive an email with the link and instructions for the online course. Instructor: firstname.lastname@example.org Cost: $50/Student REGISTER HERE
Each student has 4 free guest passes to use during their time at Georgia College. All guests must be at least 18 and present a valid ID upon check-in. To use one of your guest passes, notify the front desk upon arrival at the Wellness Center.
- Students are responsible for ensuring their guest acts appropriately and follows all WRC policies. Students must remain in the facility with their guest.
- Once you have used all 4 of your guest passes, you are still able to bring guests. They will have to pay a $10 day-pass fee.
- Guests are allowed use of any WRC features during their visit and must follow all policies and procedures.
Equipment Use/Check Out
The WRC has sports equipment available for use on the indoor courts. Equipment check-out is at the Member Services desk. Bobcat ID (or Driver's License) required for equipment check-out.
- Indoor Soccer Balls
- *NEW* Disc-Golf is available for use outdoors
Also see our Fitness Assistant desk for fitness equipment Check-Outs.
The Wellness and Recreation Center was built in 2011 as a LEED Certified Building. The 100,000 square foot building is home to three Georgia College & State University departments: Wellness and Recreation, Student Health Services and Counseling Services.
The Department of Wellness and Recreation offers Health Promotion, Wellness, Fitness, and Adventure Programming, as well as Intramural and Club Sports. The building is available for use by currently enrolled Georgia College & State University students who pay the appropriate building and health fees. Non-fee paying GCSU students, full-time benefit eligible GCSU faculty and staff, GCSU retirees & alumni, and area community members, over the age of 18 years, are eligible to purchase memberships. See our Membership page for details.
On the Main Level:
- 2 Traditional Courts + 1 Multi-Purpose Court
- 29' Indoor Climbing Wall
- Department of Wellness and Recreation Administrative Offices
- Intramural and Club Sports
- Athletic Training
- Adventure Programs
- Health Promotion
- Member Services
- Lobby with Social Areas, Vending & Restrooms
- Member Services Desk
- Locker Rooms
- Aquatic Center
- Aquatic Administration Office
- Elevator Access
- Access to Student Health Services
On the Upper Level:
- Strength, Resistance & Cardio Equipment
- Indoor Track
- Stretching & Core Areas
- Group Fitness Studio
- Offices for Fitness Administration and Personal Training
- Stadium Seating for Aquatic Center
- Access to Counseling Services
- Intramural and Club Sports Fields including Multi-Purpose Fields for flag football, soccer, lacrosse, rugby and more; tennis courts; softball/baseball fields; ultimate frisbee course.
General Policies and Procedures
View the WRC User Policy Manual.
All patrons are responsible for knowing and following the policies and guidelines stated in the handbook.
- GC students must check-in to the WRC using their Bobcat ID card.
- General Dress Code guidelines include wearing well fitting and activity appropriate athletic attire in the fitness and activity areas of the Wellness Center, including shirts, pants/shorts, and athletic shoes with closed toe and heel. Swimwear is required in pools, and clothing must be worn over swimwear outside of the aquatic areas. Avoid wearing footwear or clothing which can cause damage to floors or equipment, has offensive language or images.
- Non-GC Student users must be age 18 or over.
- Sports drinks and water in resealable containers are allowed on courts and fitness floor. Food is not allowed on courts or fitness floor.
- All bags and personal items must be stored in cubbies, day-use, rented or wallet lockers.
- The WRC is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Report all missing or stolen items to a staff member as soon as possible.
WRC Users are responsible for knowing and adhering to all policies and procedures. Please take time to review the information provided in the link above.
Day-Use Lockers are available for use at no charge. Items must be removed prior to closing each day.
Designated lockers are available for rent. See our Member Services desk for details.
Student Fee $20/Semester or $35/Fall & Spring Semesters
Non-Student Fee $25/Semester or $45/Fall & Spring Semesters
Summer Locker Rental is available upon request.
Use of the WRC is considered a privilege. Mature and respectful conduct is expected and always required. Failure to comply may result in suspension. Wellness and Recreation Staff reserve the right to remove or prohibit any member or guest.