IMPROVE WELLBEING AND REDUCE HEALTH DISPARITIES IN SOCIETY
Public Health is a holistic learning experience specializing in faculty-mentored undergraduate research and cross-disciplinary engagement within the classroom and community.
KEY BENEFITS OF THIS DEGREE
- Learn how to assess the needs of target populations, create program goals and objectives, and develop strategies to foster health behavior change interventions for individuals and communities.
- Gain insights from an innovative curriculum focusing on a variety of disciplines including public health, health promotion, health sciences and behavioral sciences.
- Explore service-learning opportunities and sharpen skills in community partnerships through the Public Health Student Organization and the Center for Health and Social Issues.
- Gain real-world experience by completing a 12 course hour internship in the Public Health arena.
WHAT CAN MY CAREER LOOK LIKE WITH THIS DEGREE?
PUBLIC HEALTH MAJOR HELPS ADDRESS FOOD DISPARITIES
The rural Coopers community of Baldwin County sits outside the city limits of Milledgeville. Although it’s only about seven miles on the southside of town, it’s in a desert of its own.
CAREER PATHS FOR PUBLIC HEALTH MAJORS
- State and local health department employment
- Biostatistics and Informatics
- Emergency Management
- Public Policy Makers
- Behavioral Scientist
- Environmental Health
- Global Health
- Health Services Administrator
- Biomedical Lab Specialist
- Health Educators
SEE OUR NEWSLETTER
College of Health Sciences
Learn more about the College of Health Sciences.
The GC Public Health Program prepares future professionals to sit for the following certification: