HANDS ON LAB EXPERIENCE WITH FIELD-BASED RESEARCH
Receive hands on experience and prepare for a career either as a fitness professional or continue your education in a professional school such as physical therapy or occupational therapy.
KEY BENEFITS OF THIS DEGREE
- Learn the basics of human movement, exercise and sports nutrition, methods of resistance training, and more in our Fitness and Performance concentration
- Gain an understanding in both the understanding of the human body and the sciences. Accumulate pre-requisite hours (as part of the program) in preparation for post-professional graduate programs (DPT; OT; PA; etc.) within the Pre Professional and Sports Medicine concentrations.
- Graduate as a qualified candidate for an entry level or managerial position in corporate, hospital, government, school or private health and fitness programs.
- Receive extensive lab experience with state-of-the-art equipment for exercise stress testing and various biomechanical analyses.
- Advance your career upon graduation with our Graduate Programs.
WHAT CAN MY CAREER LOOK LIKE WITH THIS DEGREE?
NFL ASSISTANT COACH ENCOURAGES PLAYERS
Corey Campbell, ’16, shifted his studies from biology to exercise science in graduate school at Georgia College & State University. And he’s glad he did. Campbell now lives his dream job as the assistant strength and conditioning coach for the Carolina Panthers.
CAREER PATHS FOR EXERCISE SCIENCE MAJORS
- Graduate and professional schools (Doctorate Physical Therapy [DPT]; Master’s Occupational Therapy [MOT]; Doctor of Chiropractic [DC]; Physician Assistant [PA]; Master’s Human Performance; Master’s in Teaching Health & Physical Education; etc.)
- Cardiac Rehabilitation Specialist
- Certified Personal Trainer
- Exercise Science Researcher
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Health and Wellness Educator
- Orthotists and Prosthetists
SEE OUR NEWSLETTER
College of Health Sciences
Learn more about the College of Health Sciences.
The GCSU Exercise Science Program prepares future professionals to sit for several prestigious certifications from the following organizations: