Parents and families, you play an integral role in your student's college experience. Help make sure your student is ready to register for the Spring 2023 semester by asking the following questions:
- What day do you register?
- When is your appointment with your academic advisor?
- Have you completed your undergraduate advising worksheet?
- Do you have alternate sections and courses identified in case you do not receive a seat in your preferred section?
- Do you understand how wait lists work? Have you signed up to receive text notifications when a wait list seat is available?
- Do you have any holds or parking tickets that will prevent you from registering at your registration time?
And, then, the day before their registration date, please ask: Did you set your alarm so you are up, awake, logged into either PAWS or College Scheduler, and ready to register at 7 AM sharp?
Students may receive errors during registration, need to practice problem solving, or obtain additional assistance. Academic advisors will be available in the Academic Advising Center on the second floor Lanier Hall (478-445-2631) each day beginning at 6:45 AM. The Registrar's Office in Parks Hall 107 (478-445-6286) will also be open each morning by 6:45 AM to provide assistance. Students are welcome to stop by or call; email during this time is discouraged for urgent matters, as we likely will not see it immediately.
In addition, academic advisors will be on the first and second floors of the library as registration opens at 7:00 AM on Thursday morning, October 27, to help our freshmen students who will be registering for the first time. Students are welcome to register in the library if they believe they might need additional assistance when selecting their courses..
Remind your student that even if their schedule is not "perfect" on the day they register, there will be numerous opportunities to add, drop, or change their schedule in the months before the semester begins. There are also many people on campus to help them.