PREPARATION FOR A WIDE VARIETY OF CAREERS
We challenge students to think critically and carefully about their studies and to communicate ideas with precision and clarity, working in an environment which emphasizes the interdisciplinary nature and disciplinary breadth of mathematics. Students achieve skills of logical and analytical thinking, creative problem-solving and quantitative reasoning, the study of mathematics as a cornerstone of a liberal arts education.
Our Degrees & Programs
Students in the Mathematics B.S. program achieve skills of logical and analytical thinking, creative problem-solving and quantitative reasoning, the study of mathematics as a cornerstone of a liberal arts education.
Mathematics B.S. (Teaching Concentration)
Students who seek certification to teach mathematics at the secondary level will pursue a baccalaureate degree in mathematics and then the Master of Arts in Teaching (MAT) with a concentration in mathematics.
Key Benefits of this Degree
- Customize your experience by pursuing our optional Data Science Certificate in conjunction with your Bachelor's degree.
- Conduct research with our dedicated and highly experienced faculty and present the results of your research at professional conferences funded by the Mathematics Department.
- Network with others by joining one of our student organizations or experience the globe and travel with our study abroad opportunities.
- Choose your capstone experience by either continuing research or by participating in an internship.
- Our students have multiple opportunities to receive scholarships.
What can my career look like with this degree?
Using equations to solve real-life issues
What do COVID, taxicabs and mindsets have in common? The answer may surprise you: math.