Understanding the Science of behavior can take you anywhere
A bachelor’s degree in Psychological Science prepares graduates for life, work and graduate study. Through our teaching, research, and mentorship, we instill respect for multiple viewpoints and approaches, while inspiring intellectual curiosity and personal growth.
Key Benefits of this Degree
- Our faculty remain active in research and provide the latest guidance and mentorship to students.
- Participate in various types of research such as behavioral neuroscience, social context and youth development lab, and more.
- Network with others by joining one of our student organizations or begin honing your professional soft and hard skills by joining one of our professional organizations.
- Receive awards for your contributions to research.
- All students complete a capstone experience (PSYC 4920) that focuses on professional development and career readiness, as well as synthesizing their knowledge of psychology in a cognitively mature and sophisticated manner.
What can my career look like with this degree?
Covid, masks, and emotions
Psychology students study effect of COVID masks on children’s ability to detect emotions
Career Paths for Psychology Majors
Salary for a Bachelor of Science, Psychology in Georgia
The average starting salary for a person holding a Bachelor of Science in Psychology is around $49,100 a year. This is also known as the 25th percentile. Salaries below this amount are outliers.
The average highest salary for a person holding a Bachelor of Science in Psychology is around $107,300 a year. This is also known as the 75th percentile. Salaries above this amount are outliers.