1. What undergraduate majors are available?
A listing of available undergraduate majors and minors is available on the Academics section of the Georgia College & State University web site.
2. What graduate programs are available?
A listing of graduate programs is available at the Graduate Admission section of the Georgia College web site.
3. What accreditations does Georgia College have?
Georgia College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS) to award associate, baccalaureate, master's and specialist degrees. The College of Business is accredited by AACSB (The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business).
- Georgia College's other academic programs are accredited by many prestigious accrediting and professional agencies.
4. Is Georgia College highly-ranked and safe?
Yes! See our Rankings page.
5. Does Georgia College offer an intensive English as a Second Language program?
Georgia College offers one ESL support class to undergraduate international students. This course is offered to certain applicants whose TOEFL/IELTS scores fall within a certain range and is taken concurrently with other regular academic courses. Please refer to admission requirements.
- Georgia College does not offer a full intensive English Language program.
- Applicants must meet the minimum TOEFL/IELTS scores for admission to the university.
5. What is the minimum TOEFL or IELTS score required?
For undergraduate freshman or transfer admission, the minimum score is 69 (Internet-based TOEFL), 523 (paper-based TOEFL) or an IELTS of 6.0.
- Short-term exchange students who meet the minimum requirements but who score below 79 (Internet-based TOEFL), 550 (paper-based TOEFL) or who simply score 6.0 IELTS are eligible for admission, but will be required to take an ESL class concurrent with other courses during the first semester of enrollment.
For graduate admission, the minimum score is 79 (Internet-based TOEFL), 550 (paper-based TOEFL), or 6.5 IELTS.
6. Do I need to take the SAT or ACT?
Students with no university credits will need to take the ACT or SAT. Please contact the International Education Center at email@example.com or at 478-445-4789 for information if you have existing university credits.
7. What is the minimum GRE and GMAT required?
Admission requirements for the various graduate programs can be found in the graduate catalog. Most programs use an admission formula comprised of graduate exam scores and undergraduate grade point averages.
- For regular admission to graduate business programs, a minimum score of 450 on the GMAT is required, in addition to meeting the admission formula requirements.
8. Can I substitute the GMAT for the GRE or visa versa?
Each graduate program has its own testing requirements. Program admission requirements are listed in the graduate catalog. The GMAT is the preferred test for all graduate business programs; however, the GRE is also acceptable if taken within the last three years.
TUITION AND FINANCIAL AID
10. What does it cost to attend Georgia College as an international student?
Estimated costs per year of study can be found here.
11. Can I get a full scholarship?
Georgia College does not have full scholarships available to international students. However, there are scholarships available that can significantly reduce your costs. Undergraduate students can apply for the International Student Scholarship, which can reduce annual costs by approximately $9,400 to $18,800.
Graduate students can apply for the International Graduate Assistantship, which can reduce annual costs by approximately $13,000, or a Graduate Assistantship through the specific graduate program. A Graduate Assistantship position generally waives all tuition (except fees) and pays a monthly stipend.
12. Can I get a student loan?
U.S. federal financial aid is only available to U.S. citizens and permanent residents. International students therefore do not qualify for student loans. Some banks can arrange loans but only if there is a U.S. co-signer guaranteeing the payback of the loan. You can find links to sites on funding for international students at/international/fundingsuggestions.html.
13. Is there a tuition payment plan?
No. The Georgia College Business Office cannot offer you a tuition payment plan. All tuition, fees and university housing costs are due in full by the beginning of each semester. Students who do not meet the payment deadlines will be dropped from classes. The university has contracted with an outside company for students to arrange payment plans through FACTS Management, a Nelnet Company.
14. Can I work to pay for tuition after arrival on campus?
You are required to pay all of the semester's costs (tuition, fees, health insurance, room and board) up front and in full by the beginning of each semester.
- International students are permitted to work on campus up to 20 hours a week while school in session, but you should not depend upon any on-campus work earnings to support your tuition. Some jobs are available but are not always easy to obtain and only pay approximately $7/hour in most cases.
- International students can only work in "college work study" positions (such as positions in the library, bookstore, computer lab, and dining hall) and not in "federal work study" positions for which only U.S. citizens and permanent resident are eligible.
15. How do I apply?
International students can download the undergraduate and graduate International Student Application forms in the sidebar menu to your right (below on mobile devices).
- The application packet contains all of the application instructions.
- Applicants should mail the completed application, along with supporting documents, to the International Education Center. Applications generally take between 2 to 4 weeks to be reviewed.
16. What are the application deadlines?
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible.
- The recommended submission deadline for fall semester entrance (begins mid-August) is April 1.
- The recommended submission deadline for spring semester entrance (begins early January) is September 1.