Serving the public good
Ranked as one of the best value Criminal Justice degrees in the country, the B.A. in Criminal Justice focuses on the principles of democracy, rule of law, constitutionalism, civil liberties, equal rights, and safeguarding citizens against intimidation and oppression. This degree will also prepare those students who wish to pursue subsequent graduate degrees in criminal justice, sociology, political science, public administration, public policy, urban planning and law. The department aims to lead students to a path of self-discovery as an active citizen in an ever-evolving world.
Key Benefits of this Degree
- Pre-Law students have access to a pre-law advisor is always available to you assisting in the selection of courses and providing counseling and advising on law school admission requirements.
- Experience the inner workings of a prison by taking the Inside Out course.
- Network with alumni in the Sr. Seminar course.
- Participate in the crime analytics or racial disparities REU program at USC or UNC.
- Spend time interning in Washington D.C. through the Career Center's GC in DC program.
WHAT CAN MY CAREER LOOK LIKE WITH THIS DEGREE?
Voices of the Returned
A new GC podcast is exploring the lives of the formerly incarcerated.
Career paths for Criminal Justice Majors
- Criminal Investigations
- Fraud Investigations
- Correctional Administration
- Law Enforcement Administration
- Probation or Parole Officer
- Youth Correctional Counseling
- Intelligence Analyst
- Victim Advocacy
- Correctional Counseling