Equipping students to lead and serve
Our program develops an understanding of politics and government and of the role of individuals and groups within the political and governmental systems. We prepare students for graduate education in a variety of social science fields and/or for entrance into careers in the public service systems at the international, federal, state or local levels.
Key Benefits of this Degree
- Our Certified Nonprofit Professional Certificate (CNP) designation is the only national nonprofit management and leadership credential developed with, and recognized by, the nonprofit sector. Students who complete this program will earn the Georgia College Nonprofit Management Certificate, which will be recorded on their transcript at graduation. They will also receive a national, lifelong credential as a Certified Nonprofit Professional from the Nonprofit Leadership Alliance.)
- Our Undergraduate Certificate in Election Administration is one of three known programs in the country. Georgia College is the the only university to offer this certificate in the state of Georgia
- Students can apply for admission to the MPA Double Bobcats pathway, allowing students to earn graduate and undergraduate credits simultaneously.
- We offer internships at the GA state capitol and many other local, state, federal, and nonprofit internships.
What can my career look like with this degree?
Preparing Students for election administration
Georgia College & State University has created a new Election Administration Certificate—the first academic certificate on elections in the state of Georgia and one of only a few nationwide.
Career paths for political science majors
A Bachelor's degree in Political Science can prepare you for a career in
- Public service in election administration
- Nonprofit Sector (applicable to every major)
- Government (Local, State, or Federal)
- Non-Profit and Business Administration